Top posted flights in club gliders; Copilot opportunities

Bret Hess

May 8, 2022, 2:46:11 PM5/8/22
to Utah Soaring

You can see the top 100 soaring flights in club gliders (Grob Astir, Grob Twin II, Pilatus) posted by club members.  It's a new page you can also access from utahsoaring.org/flight-tracks.  Our club ships are capable of flying hundreds of km cross country in strong conditions.  We'll have the Pilatus in Nephi this summer for solo soaring.

If you're interested in opportunities to soar as copilots with other club members, please fill out this 2022 Copilot Interest Form, and we'll help get pilots together. This is open to any club member including students, for short or long flights...you can indicate your preferences on the form.  It's fun to get to know other pilots, share skills and the beautiful Utah scenery and skies.

Bret

Bret Hess

May 8, 2022, 2:47:14 PM5/8/22
to Utah Soaring
Adam also says there have been multiple state records set in our club's Grobs, but I don't know if they still stand.

David Cleveland

May 8, 2022, 5:59:39 PM5/8/22
to utah-s...@googlegroups.com
These are both great ideas. I especially like the copilot idea. As you know, I'm a partner in a glider kept in a hangar at Morgan. It's a beautiful ship, but I don't fly it much because it's impossible to move in and out if the hangar by myself.

After you gather the data, is there a way to find out who would have interest in flying as another pilot with me?

DC

Bret Hess

May 8, 2022, 6:29:07 PM5/8/22
to Utah Soaring
David, the copilot group is a year old and members can see who joined last year (11 members), as well a link to the summary page from responses to the 2022 Copilot Interest Form, which is updated as people fill in the form.  I'll add those who fill out the form to the copilot group .  Members can use the group to plan flights, or by individual email.

David Cleveland

May 8, 2022, 6:57:53 PM5/8/22
to utah-s...@googlegroups.com
Ok. Great. Thanks. I'll look at the links when I get some time to digest.

DC