2024 SLR Brevet Schedule

Ken Moss

Jan 2, 2024, 10:15:28 PMJan 2
to Utah Randonneuring
The SLR ACP brevet schedule for 2024 is:

4/20 Willard Bay 200k
5/11 Wasatch Front/AI 200/300k
6/01 Central Utah 300/400k
6/14 Raspberry Ramble 400/600k

We can also add other RUSA-sanctioned brevets if there's interest, please let me know what you would like to ride.

Registration isn't open yet, I will send out a message when that is ready to go.

-Ken

Brady Smith

Jan 3, 2024, 9:32:27 AMJan 3
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

Is it possible to do the Wasatch Front 300 as a pre-ride? I'm out of town that weekend and would like to complete the whole series this year.

Thanks for your efforts!

BMS

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ken Moss

Jan 3, 2024, 11:34:33 AMJan 3
to Utah Randonneuring
Yes, all the routes will be available for pre-ride, let's coordinate a good time as it gets closer.

Kelly McPherson

Jan 3, 2024, 12:29:44 PMJan 3
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I soooo want to do all of these.  Unfortunately, every other Saturday my husband and I are serving a service mission and most of these are on Saturdays that we will be there.  Maybe I could do permanents?  Still trying to figure out the rules on those.

Ken Moss

Jan 3, 2024, 1:48:57 PMJan 3
to Utah Randonneuring
Hi Kelly, we should be able to accommodate your schedule with pre-rides. A pre-ride usually happens about a week before the scheduled brevet, and the purpose is to verify the route sheet, check for road constuction/closures, etc., and/or to allow for volunteers to ride the course for ACP/RUSA credit and then work as a volunteer during the ride. So if anybody wants to pre-ride any of our brevets, please let me know and we'll work out a date for the pre-ride.

A permanent is a bit different in that it is always available for somebody to ride (with a pre-registration). The RUSA permanent library got revamped a few years ago, so not all of our brevet routes are currently approved as permanents, but it is easy enough to submit a route to get it approved as a perm. If anybody wants to add a perm route, please let me know and either I can do it or I can help you thru the process.
More details on perms can be found here: https://rusa.org/pages/permanents
And the perm route search is here: https://rusa.org/cgi-bin/permsearch_GF.pl

So for example, if somebody wanted to ride the Wasatch Front 300k that is scheduled for May 11, but would like to ride it instead on May 4, then that could be a pre-ride for ACP credit. If instead somebody wanted to ride that route in August, we would get the route approved as a perm and then you could register and ride it in August.

The biggest difference between riding a route as a brevet vs a perm is probably ACP vs RUSA sanctioning, which only really matters for some awards and for qualifying for some international events; and you would usually get a much bigger group to ride with in the scheduled brevet. (But you can ride perms in a group as well.)

David Goldenberg

Jan 8, 2024, 2:00:13 PMJan 8
to Utah Randonneuring
Ken,
   I would love to see one or more 100K populaires on the schedule.

David

Ken Moss

Jan 8, 2024, 2:29:41 PMJan 8
to Utah Randonneuring
Oh yes, I will add a 100k populaire to the 4/20 and 5/11 schedules.

Willard Bay 100k on 4/20

Wasatch Front 100k on 5/11

David Goldenberg

Jan 9, 2024, 12:44:32 PMJan 9
to Utah Randonneuring
Great! Thank you! I'm afraid that I will have to miss the Wasatch Front ride, though.

Kelly McPherson

Jan 10, 2024, 1:28:46 PMJan 10
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  I will put the pre-rides on my calendar.  :)