Alpine Loop

R. Stum ~ Salt Lake Randos

Aug 5, 2021, 4:21:44 PM8/5/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Has anybody rode the Alpine Loop recently? Are they done with all the construction, particularly on the American Fork side?
~ Richard
--
Regards,
Richard Stum, Owner & Chief Bottle-Washer

Kinesis Photo Gear ~ www.kgear.com
or
eoGEAR ~ www.eogear.com

USA-made Niche Bags for Photographers & Endurance Outdoor Athletes

Facebook: KinesisPhoto or eoGEAR
Instagram or Twitter: @eogear.usa
Office 435-462-2266
Mobile 435-851-9558

Please excuse any typos or brevity of message, as this was typed on an itty-bitty iPhone or iPad keypad, or worse yet, transcribed via Siri.

Ken Moss

Aug 5, 2021, 5:07:30 PM8/5/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I rode it the week before Colorado, it was good. And Cascade Springs is awesome.

BTW, I had not ever discovered the roadside spring until this last ride, it's just uphill from the T intersection where you would turn right to go to Timpooneke CG or left to continue to the top. The spring is on the left side coming out of a concrete box with a pipe coming out of it. Good, cold, clean water to fill up when you're climbing from the American Fork side

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Byron Welch

Aug 5, 2021, 6:34:10 PM8/5/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Alpine Loop is complete on both sides.  Rough chip seal but no potholes.

Lecain, Peter (US)

Aug 6, 2021, 11:26:17 AM8/6/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com

So on the Alpine Loop will they top it with crushed rock? Quite often they surface that way, and let it sit all Winter.

Aug 6, 2021, 11:31:30 AM8/6/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about the crushed rock. But is there potable water at Cascade Springs?
~ Richard

Ken Moss

Aug 6, 2021, 12:15:02 PM8/6/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
There's no potable water at Cascade Springs, but it's just a few miles from Midway so no need to stop there. People do drink from the springs but that's not very convenient during a ride.