Re: [Utah Randos] Digest for utah-randos@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Andrea Christensen

Jun 15, 2021, 4:44:21 PM6/15/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Wow, kudos to all who rode in the Red Rock. I ended up doing a day-long adventure run with friends through San Rafael slot canyons on the 4th and we were up over 100 degrees for much of our day too. Don't think I could do back-to-back days in that.

Who's planning to do the 300 and 400 at the end of this month?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 5:47 AM <utah-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"R. Stum ~ Salt Lake Randos" <r...@saltlakerandos.org>: Jun 14 07:02PM -0600

Greetings All,

Starting on the 6th, was the combo 600/1000K Red Rock Randonnée. Five
riders started, but only two finished their official distance. The
unseasonably heat was oppressive causing most to drop out earlier than
expected. A narrative and photos are on our Facebook page (link below).
Results are now posted. Please review and let me know if I need to
tweak anything before I submit them to RUSA.

Next up is the Utah Lake series on June 26th. We will be offering a 200, 300
<http://www.saltlakerandos.org/brevet-route-selection/utah-lake-series> and
400km
<http://www.saltlakerandos.org/brevet-route-selection/6-valley-tour-oquirrh-joker>.
The 300 is a brand new route with a minimal amount of climbing. All will
start at 5 am.

Cheers,
Richard

Jen Kelly

Jun 15, 2021, 6:51:02 PM6/15/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I agree, the Red Rock conditions sounded brutal, and I am impressed by all who showed up and gave it their best.

I'm in for the 400 on June 26.  It will be my first official randonnee, and I am stoked!  Come ride it with me, we will see six beautiful valleys and have a great time riding.  The spreadsheet shows one other registrant, plus one more interested person for the 400.  There's no spreadsheet activity yet for 200 or 300.

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.

Ken Moss

Jun 15, 2021, 7:30:38 PM6/15/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I'm riding the 400k, very much looking forward to it. Should be a great ride as long as it stays below 65 degrees and Andrea comes to pull us the whole way ;D