Road closure for Utah Lake route

David Maxwell

May 13, 2023, 4:03:58 PM5/13/23
to Utah Randonneuring
Hi everyone - I'm new to randonneuring and looking forward to next week's Utah Lake ride, which will be my first 200k. There is a road closure on the route though. 7350 N/1900 S in Lehi is closed for road construction between Saratoga Road and 1100 W. I verified on my ride this morning that it is still closed.

I suggest rerouting at the point where Saratoga Road bends and heads north just prior to 7350 N/1900 S. At the bend you can catch the Utah Lake Parkway Trail on the right and ride the trail to Northlake Park. At the park, exit onto 500 W and from 500 W you can turn right onto 1900 S again and be back on the original route.

Sound reasonable?

Ken Moss

May 13, 2023, 5:11:21 PM5/13/23
to Utah Randonneuring
Thanks David! I'll get the routes updated with these detours included.

Ken Moss

May 13, 2023, 5:46:29 PM5/13/23
to Utah Randonneuring
Please review these draft route updates with the detours at mile 120.5 to ride on the bike path rather than the closed road, and send updates if anybody else has road construction info.
I will publish these + route sheets in the next day or two and we should be all set for next weekend.

-Ken

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

May 13, 2023, 7:07:42 PM5/13/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com

Good fix Ken.

Are the 200K riders also starting at 0500? I would consider joining you (and working as a trail boss if needed) if a later start was considered...like 0900.

~ RR

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.

Ken Moss

May 13, 2023, 7:20:30 PM5/13/23
to Utah Randonneuring
I was planning on having the 200k riders also start at 5AM so that everybody could ride together for the first bit.