SLR PBP tracking

Ken Moss

Aug 20, 2023, 11:26:09 AM8/20/23
to Utah Randonneuring

Here's the tracking page for our Salt Lake PBP riders: Steve, Amy, and Brandon.
Looks like Steve & Amy just started about 7 minutes ago, so they are on their way!

(Brandon was scheduled for a Monday morning start, but his tracker is active so I don't know if that's correct yet.)

Matt Bell

Aug 21, 2023, 11:08:40 AM8/21/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com

Ken, thanks for the link to the tracker.

Steve and Amy are right on sync with each other... almost like they are riding a tandem <grin>.

They are quick.   I watched them disappear up Logan Canyon on the Raspberry Ramble 600K, then talked to them briefly in the hotel parking lot when I was headed out for the second loop and they had just finished.

Looks like Brandon is well on his way now too.

Matt

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kinesis Photo Gear

Aug 21, 2023, 11:20:50 AM8/21/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't realize we had three riders from Utah. Cool. Is Brandon related or is he a close friend to Steve and Amy (did they coordinate their trip together)?

~ RR

Ken Moss

Aug 21, 2023, 2:43:31 PM8/21/23
to Utah Randonneuring
No, Brandon is riding with a friend from another state, they had a Monday morning start.
Looks like Steve & Amy just got into Brest, 27 hours so they're making GREAT time.
It's 8:30PM there so I'm curious to see if they get some sleep or keep riding.

Brandon has been FLYING, first 300k in just under 10 hours!!!
I think he's planning to sleep in Loudeac so he should be getting some good sleeping soon.

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Aug 21, 2023, 3:10:07 PM8/21/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Is Loudeac before Brest?

Debra Banks

Aug 21, 2023, 3:27:15 PM8/21/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Yes!!

Sent from the Rivetress’ Phone

James Halay

Aug 21, 2023, 4:03:36 PM8/21/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Aug 21, 2023, 4:11:03 PM8/21/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Deb...how is the drop bag business going? Do you "rent" a curb right next to the checkpoint venue?

Ken Moss

Aug 22, 2023, 9:30:17 AM8/22/23
to Utah Randonneuring
First American is done with an incredible time of 41:40

Screenshot from 2023-08-22 07-27-02.png

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Aug 22, 2023, 2:54:25 PM8/22/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com

Of course...EVERYTHING is before Brest since it is the turnaround...I meant to ask, how from Brest is it?

~ RR