Viva Las Vegas 200k Jan 13 2024

Ken Moss

Nov 17, 2023, 4:18:55 PM11/17/23
to Utah Randonneuring
Hi all,
Since Las Vegas has been our traditional winter riding grounds, we have been invited to join San Diego Randonneurs for a new 200k route in Las Vegas Jan. 13. This route is based loosely off of Richard's Dam Ride 200k but has some different routing in sections. SDR is hosting the ride, so registration is at their website.

Ride details and registration:

Route:

Any questions? Please post here.
Thanks,
Ken

Byron Welch

Nov 17, 2023, 8:09:31 PM11/17/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Love it!  I'm in provided no conflict comes up.

Byron Welch

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Phil Fox

Nov 17, 2023, 8:26:30 PM11/17/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
That route looks awesome. Red Rocks. Lake Mead. The Hoover Dam. All over the MLK 3-Day weekend? That might be too good to pass up.

Phil
#12365

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Nov 17, 2023, 8:34:53 PM11/17/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Except that the permanent goes across the dam into Arizona, useful if you try to snag a new state (but probably most of us have already gone forgotten that state).

With that much climbing, I would definitely be bringing lights.

Hey Phil… you got my vote for the board, good luck!

Regards,
Richard Stum, Owner & Chief Bottle-Washer

Kinesis Photo Gear ~ www.kgear.com
or
eoGEAR ~ www.eogear.com

USA-made Niche Bags for Photographers & Endurance Outdoor Athletes

Facebook: KinesisPhoto or eoGEAR
Instagram or Twitter: @eogear.usa
Office 435-462-2266
Mobile 435-851-9558

Please excuse any typos or brevity of message, as this was typed on an itty-bitty iPhone or iPad keypad, or worse yet, transcribed via Siri.

Kelly McPherson

Nov 17, 2023, 9:19:28 PM11/17/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I soooooo want to do this. Hopefully I can work it out.

Phil Fox

Nov 17, 2023, 9:39:48 PM11/17/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Appreciate your support Richard! High fives and fist bumps.

Pro tip: Always bring lights in January even for a 200K. I've made that mistake more times than I'd like to admit with the short days in Chicago. 😅

Speaking of American Explorer. I definitely need Nevada! And even for a holiday weekend - flight prices look pretty good!

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Nov 17, 2023, 9:59:14 PM11/17/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I suppose somebody could modify the permanent to match the brevet (except go in the extra half a mile across the dam into Arizona), and then ride simultaneously with the rest of us.

The permanent might be ready for an upgrade anyway because it looks like the brevet follows more bite paths and less Highway. It’s been quite a few years since I’ve been down there to do that route.