Triple/Double Loop & Yuba Res Brevet 6/2

Ken Moss

May 31, 2023, 8:07:37 PM5/31/23
to Utah Randonneuring
SLR's Triple Loop 600k, Double Loop 400k, Yuba Res 300k, and Yuba Res 200k is Friday June 2, starting at 5:00 AM in Nephi.
Please note the weather forecast calls for rain. These are isolated routes with many long sections with no cell coverage, so please come prepared to be self sufficient.

The start location is at the Exxon convenience store at 2025 S Main St, Nephi, UT. Check in will begin at 4:30 AM for all distances, with the ride starting at 5:00.

Ride details:

The routes have been updated recently, please re-sync your GPS devices. The biggest change has been that the 600k riders will be riding clockwise around Utah Lake, rather than counter-clockwise.

GPS routes:

Attached are the cue sheets and waivers.

-Ken
TripleLoop-600k-cues.pdf
Yuba-200k-cues.pdf
TripleLoopWaiver.pdf
YubaResWaiver.pdf
DoubleLoop-400k-cues.pdf
Yuba-300k-cues.pdf

Brent Myers

May 31, 2023, 9:46:19 PM5/31/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Whoot Fenders and rain gear

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2023, at 5:07 PM, Ken Moss <ken8...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Matt Bell

Jun 1, 2023, 9:45:52 AM6/1/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com, Utah Randonneuring

Hopefully, the rain eases up for the Raspberry Rambles later in June.  (The ones I'm signed up for <grin>).

On the other hand, rain means the rides this weekend probably won't be as scorching hot and sunny as they can sometimes be.

Matt Bell

Beth Long

Jun 1, 2023, 10:02:44 AM6/1/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I guess we’d rather be Soggy than Burnt🤣😂

Sent from my iPhone

Ken Moss

Jun 1, 2023, 11:45:59 AM6/1/23
to Utah Randonneuring
As some have pointed out, I confused my clockwise and counterclockwise, so we will be riding around the lake in the opposite direction as last time. (CCW instead of CW)

Brent Myers

Jun 3, 2023, 6:17:56 PM6/3/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Tucson Tom and Brent and Beth finished at 4

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2023, at 9:46 AM, Ken Moss <ken8...@gmail.com> wrote:

As some have pointed out, I confused my clockwise and counterclockwise, so we will be riding around the lake in the opposite direction as last time. (CCW instead of CW)

Ken Moss

Jun 3, 2023, 7:31:53 PM6/3/23
to Utah Randonneuring
I hearing that we had some really great tailwinds at the end so I hope that helped out at the finish!

altemu5a

Jun 3, 2023, 8:23:49 PM6/3/23
to Ken Moss, Utah Randonneuring
Hi Ken, My prayers were answered with those tailwinds..  Awesome.  Loved the scenic route.  The Brent and Beth tandem were with me the entire time.  Best Regards, Tom Altemus

Beth Long

Jun 4, 2023, 12:24:08 PM6/4/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken!
   Thank you for the 3 Season ride with wind both good and bad, rain and hail! It was an EPIC ride with Tom and we were happy to finish and eat ice cream!!!
    You have a vERY nice Rando Group!😊

Sent from my iPhone

Stephen Wasmund

Jun 4, 2023, 3:17:08 PM6/4/23
to utah-randos
It was great meeting and riding with all of y'all! I can't wait for France, but I gotta say it's going to be hard to beat Kingston Canyon ;-)

Chapeau to all.

Amy&Steve

Beth Long

Jun 4, 2023, 3:25:48 PM6/4/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
 You were a GREAT stand-in for Ken! Great meeting ya’ll too!! You are correct, Kingston Canyon was breathtaking!
    Hope to see you and Amy on another ride🤗

Sent from my iPhone

Kinesis Photo Gear

Jun 6, 2023, 12:07:05 AM6/6/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
I assisted Ken on some of the routes modifications, in particular the 300 and 600 Ks. Were there any Q sheet or navigation problems?

--
Regards,
Richard Stum, Owner & Chief Bottle-Washer

Kinesis Photo Gear ~ www.kgear.com
or
eoGEAR ~ www.eogear.com

USA-made Niche Bags for Photographers & Endurance Outdoor Athletes

Facebook: KinesisPhoto or eoGEAR
Instagram or Twitter: @eogear.usa
Office 435-462-2266
Mobile 435-851-9558

Please excuse any typos or brevity of message, as this was typed on an itty-bitty iPhone or iPad keypad, or worse yet, transcribed via Siri.

Brent Myers

Jun 6, 2023, 9:21:35 AM6/6/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Just still had the clockwise loaded. Tom was our guide. Loved the route. Just flatten out the last 40 miles😏

Sent from my iPhone

Beth Long

Jun 6, 2023, 10:30:24 AM6/6/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard!
   It was a GREAT ride and quite BEAUTIFUL!!! The only issue we had was the convenience store at the start was closed so Thank Goodness Steve had water so we could fill our bottles!!!
     VERY nice group of folks, but we did miss seeing your SMILING face!!!😁

Sent from my iPhone

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Jun 6, 2023, 3:42:40 PM6/6/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
So the Exxon convenience store was not open 24 hours? Crap I didn’t realize that; they changed ownership or brand names since I rode it last. Sorry about that. We will have to revamp next time we do that route. We might have to move the start up to a Maverik convenience store, which is a few blocks north.

Ken Moss

Jun 6, 2023, 4:24:02 PM6/6/23
to Utah Randonneuring
Their website still lists it as open 24 hours, so they fooled me too.
The new Maverik and the Flying J just across the freeway are 24/7 so we should move the start to there for next time.

Beth Long

Jun 6, 2023, 5:14:21 PM6/6/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted you to know that we had 2 Fun occurrences on this ride. We were out of water and there were NO convenience stores around, so we rode up to a lovely log home and asked if we could use the hose to fill our bottles. As we were doing that, the kind homeowner brought us out chilled bottles of water to take with us! What service🤗
      Then as we were riding the seemingly endless rollers coming back into Nephi to finish the 400k segment, a car came screaming by us. At the same moment bright blue lights and a siren appeared in the opposite lane and a highway patrol car took off after him and caught him. I am sure it was a rather large ticket!!
   As we passed the Patrol car, the Patrolman was standing there and apologized  and said he hoped he didn’t scare us!!! It gave us a Great laugh when we needed it most!
    Again, thanks for the ride🤗

Sent from my iPhone

Cheminant Flitton

Jun 6, 2023, 5:19:37 PM6/6/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com

Wish I had seen it. I love karma.

Beth Long

Jun 6, 2023, 5:28:07 PM6/6/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
It was AWESOME!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Thomas Altemus

Jun 8, 2023, 1:09:22 PM6/8/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Sharing two pictures along the Utah 600K brevet - Beth, Brent, and Curious Horses of passing randos

Brent Myers and Beth Long - Utah 600K .jpg
Curious Horses of passing randos - Utah 600K .jpg

Beth Long

Jun 8, 2023, 1:47:49 PM6/8/23
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Love it!! The horses were BEAUTIFUL!!💕💕🥰

Sent from my iPhone

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/utah-randos/1272765269.1641875.1686244148193%40mail.yahoo.com.