Golden Spike This Weekend

R. Stum ~ Salt Lake Randos

Jul 27, 2021, 8:36:25 PM7/27/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Group,

This Saturday we are offering two brevet distances, a 200km and a 300km, both of which are new routes. We are gathering at about 05:30 for sign in and departing at 06:00 sharp. It will be slightly dark at that hour, so consider wearing your reflective apparel. The routes travel together until the 200K riders turn back home at mile 83. The start is in Brigham City as per this page.

Here are the RwGPS links:

Thanks in advance to Ken Moss, who will be the trail boss.

Attached are the PDF cue sheets, which are designed to fit 4-up on a legal sheet. If you pre-registered, you will be provided one at the start. We will have a few extras on hand too.

Also attached is a release form, if, due to COVID concerns, you would rather not sign the communal form, please print and sign this one and bring it to the start.

Peter LeCain (who lives in Ogden) will be available for emergency SAG (cash donation expected :).

Cheers,
Richard

GoldenSpike200Cues.pdf
GoldenSpike300Cues.pdf
Brevet Waiver.pdf

R. Stum ~ Salt Lake Randos

Jul 27, 2021, 9:05:18 PM7/27/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
The 300K group will pass by Standing Rock, a local landmark NW of Weston. Here is some history or trivia on this.