Comings and Goings

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Sep 16, 2021, 10:32:59 AM9/16/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
This weekend, two of our members are doing two very different things:
  • Ken Moss will be riding the Crater Lake 1200
  • Andrea Christensen will be running the Bear 100, an ultrarun in Idaho.
We wish both of them the best of success.

As a side note, tomorrow, a friend and I are planning on doing the classic Nebo Loop climb, starting in Nephi. If anyone wants to join us, please contact me off-list.

Cheers,
"Rando" Richard

ken8...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 11:49:20 AM9/16/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Link to my ride tracker:

We start Saturday morning.

On Sep 16, 2021, at 8:33 AM, Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR <ric...@eogear.com> wrote:

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Sep 16, 2021, 11:52:11 AM9/16/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
How about a RwGPS route file to go with it, so we know where you are heading?

ken8...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 12:21:57 PM9/16/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com

David Hilton

Sep 16, 2021, 12:26:08 PM9/16/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
That's going to be a gorgeous ride!

David

Jason Koon

Sep 16, 2021, 12:27:29 PM9/16/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the tracker link shows the route too?

Byron Welch

Sep 16, 2021, 3:43:51 PM9/16/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Good luck, Ken and Andrea!!

Byron

Sarah Stolz

Sep 19, 2021, 3:20:07 PM9/19/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
You rock! Two 1200s in 3 months. Hope it goes well. Our local riders found it challenging but I have faith in you!! 😊

Sarah

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Sep 19, 2021, 4:58:04 PM9/19/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Yup, there is some special award for finishing two 1200s in a season.

Sarah, how did Colorado High Country 1200 go? Did you go out a few days early to acclimate?

And Andrea...I was looking on the Bear 100 site and they had an "original Bear" 100 mile run already. I guess that is a different route and not as popular as the main run? Does it have minimal or full support?

Regards,
Richard

Sarah Stolz

Sep 20, 2021, 10:33:48 AM9/20/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
its the coast to coast I think!
I meant to send that to Ken only but I guess I was so wow'd I lost my email knowhow

I spent about a week in CO working remotely before doing the 1200. I believe that helped.
And just to prove my personal insanity I then went back and did their 1000k in August (John Lee Ellis and I were the only starters and the only finishers, but this time I was the only one with the lanterne rouge).  Was after my ACP 5000 award....

the High country was tough. Weather was not friendly but i hear it has been worse in other years and that the Craters is actually harder. The grades on High country were mild, just loooooonnnnnnggggg. I was so fun to see Ken and Byron there!

hope everyone is well :-)

--
Sarah Stolz

Vincent Muoneke

Sep 20, 2021, 11:37:49 AM9/20/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
That is the American Rando Challenge
2 or more in One Year

Coast to coast is 4 with no time limits but must be 4 different ones

Vinny

Sent from Vinny's iPhone

Sarah Stolz

Sep 20, 2021, 11:39:12 AM9/20/21