Feedback on 6-Valley Tour

R. Stum ~ Salt Lake Randos

Jul 7, 2021, 9:45:53 AM7/7/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Our most recent 400K was the 6-Valley Tour, which was a figure 8
route. Had that route started in the morning and not at night, would
you have rather have done the loop around Utah Lake counterclockwise,
so you are doing the lonely and service-less west side in the early
morning hours?

~ Richard

Alex Stewart

Jul 7, 2021, 12:37:37 PM7/7/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
Richard, while I wasn't able to attend I've driven and biked that side of the lake (hwy-68) multiple times in the early morning hours and it seems much better to ride it then, before the commercial trucks and commuter traffic are out. Considering that much of that stretch has no shoulder. This may not apply as much on weekends but the trucks seem to get substituted for camper trailers then. But I am not as familiar with the traffic situation on the roads running alongside the eastern shorn of the lake.
- Alex

--
Disclaimer: cycling is enjoyable, but it can also be dangerous. We make no claim that our routes are free from vehicles, bad roads, dogs etc.

R. Stum ~ Salt Lake Randos

Jul 9, 2021, 11:25:58 AM7/9/21
to utah-...@googlegroups.com
For some reason, I have always rode around the lake in a CW direction, but solo and with other organized rides...maybe that is to hopefully take advantage of the typical SW winds on the final stretch in the afternoon.

~ Richard

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/utah-randos/161657402.2491652.1625675851117%40mail.yahoo.com.