Looking for 1 or 2 C#/C++ developers to build a mobile fitness video game proof of concept.

Tyler Smedley

Feb 28, 2019, 4:16:15 PM2/28/19
to Utah Indie Games

I have a patent pending on a process that uses data from smartwatches and fitness trackers to drive character leveling and growth in video games. Essentially, the harder you hit your workouts, the harder you get to hit your virtual opponents. Think Street Fighter, but where Ryu’s attributes and abilities grow based on your real-world workouts.

I have spent my MBA validating the concept, iterating on low fidelity prototypes, testing the market and building a business model. The results are very promising.

We have an existing mobile video game template built in Unity3D. The purpose of this position would be to integrate the fitness conversion system within this template, so it can be pushed to our beta cohort and establish proof of concept. You will need to tie into 2 api’s, build a few core systems that enable the data from those API’s to drive character growth, and make alterations to the template game design to reflect the leveling element introduced by the technology.

The length of the contract is indeterminate. The first phase will pertain to scoping and designing, and a second phase to executing. This is an early stage startup, so we need individuals who love early, ambiguous products where conceptualization and value thinking are as important as execution. This is a contracted position, but could turn into a full-time opportunity. We anticipate a 1-2 month duration for the two phases on a part-time 20 hours/week basis.

Unity, C#, and C++ experience preferred. UX and game design experience are both a definite plus.

Message has been deleted

Tyler Smedley

Feb 28, 2019, 4:22:22 PM2/28/19
to Utah Indie Games