Fyrecon NEXT WEEK!

Jay Barnson

Jun 12, 2019, 11:16:53 AM6/12/19
to Utah Indie Games
Hey everyone!

Fyrecon starts in one week, starting Thursday June 20 through Saturday the 22nd. I'm really excited about it. We've got a fledgling Game Development track this year at the conference... our own "mini-GDC." Hopefully, like Fyrecon, it will be well attended this year and continue to grow.

This is a great chance to build the game development community locally, and to learn a lot from each other. In addition to the game development track, there will be professional-level classes on writing and art. There's no need to limit yourself to just the game development track. :)  There will also be some classes that deal with writing & gaming, and art & gaming. Just to mix stuff up.

If you are serious about it, there are also master classes with top industry figures in writing and art (hopefully in future years, we'll have the same for game developers). Disney artists, best-selling authors, top Hollywood script doctors, that kind of thing. These cost a bit more, but they come with a ticket for the entire event. (Which is only $50, so it's kind of ridiculously cheap for what you get).

In the game development track and related topics, here are some classes and round-tables being offered:
How to Build a Computer RPG in a Week with No Budget (a 2-hour workshop.)
Audio in Unity
Drawing the Disney Way (with Philo Barnhart)
Diving into Interactive Fiction (a 3-hour workshop - build your own IF game!)
Professional Game Developers Industry Survival Roundtable
Turning Books Into Games
Networking in Unity Games
Kickstarters: How to Make People Care
The Future of VR and Video Games
If You're Not on Discord, You Don't Get It: Using Discord to Reach Today's Superfans
Home Cooking: Planning Art Pipelines for Indies
Games for Kids: The Technical, Art, User Research, and Business Aspects

If you haven't registered, you can do it here: https://www.fyrecon.com/registration/

You can see the whole schedule here: https://www.fyrecon.com/schedule/#rdv-calendar

Anyway, I hope to see you there! (I'll be in one of the master classes, so I'll be a little scarce in the mornings. I did them the first year at Fyrecon, and it was fantastic. 8 hours of outstanding professional development for $160. It really helped me).

Jay Barnson