Utah Indie Game Jam 2022 - Oct 14-16 at UVU

Greg Squire

Aug 19, 2022, 4:18:29 PM8/19/22
to Utah Indie Games
Hey Everyone,

I'm excited to announce that our annual Utah Indie Game Jam for this year is now on!

It will be held on October 14-16th at the Business Resource Center of Utah Valley University (UVU) in Orem (815 West 1250 South, Orem, UT 84058). Same place as last time. Check in time is from 6-7 pm on Friday, with our opening ceremonies and theme announcement starting right at 7 pm. This is a 48-hour game jam so we'll be going until about 8 pm on Sunday. We will have some awesome judges lined up and some great prizes (sponsored by Utah Geek Events) for the winners. This is a competitive game jam, but a spirit of community and sportsmanship is encouraged. This is a chance to make what you want and to polish your skills and take them to the next level. Feel free to invite your friends to make a team or go solo if you want!

Also this year we'll be collaborating with the Global Game Jam and Photon for their "Back to School Multiplayer Game Jam" as well. (https://itch.io/jam/back-to-school-multiplayer-game-jam-2022) So you'll be able to enter both game jams if you like. For our jam we won't require you to build a multiplayer game, but we'll work out the themes so that you can enter both if you want.

We will also let those that want to join in remotely do so. For those participants, you'll need to join our Utah Game Dev Discord server at this link here (https://discord.gg/ZZ9vKR8HZn). And we will be congregating in the Assembly Hall starting around 6pm with the kickoff being broadcast at 7pm.

This is a free event, but you'll be on your own for most of your meals at the event. There are a number of restaurants and stores within walking distance and many others that are close by. Also, you are welcome to bring outside food and snacks into the event.

There will be wireless internet available during the jam, but please note that there will be no "wired internet" available. So please bring any wireless WiFi adapters that you may need. We should have plenty of desks and chairs available for people to use. Also, you may want to bring a sleeping bag (for power naps), toiletries, deodorant, headphones, snacks, caffeine and any thing else you may need to survive a weekend of crazy game making.

To sign up for the event, go to https://itch.io/jam/utah-indie-game-jam-2022 and click the "Join Jam" link. We'll be using itch.io again to help manage the jam and also to help show off our games afterward. More details about the jam can be found there. Please pass the word onto your friends and others that may want to participate. Also feel free to share it on social media as well (hashtag #UIGJ2022).

So get your coding rigs ready, because we'll be jamming for two days making some awesome games that weekend!  Hope to see you all there.

Sincerely,

Greg Squire
Utah Indie Games Coordinator
http://www.utahindiegames.org