Discord for Utah Indie Game Devs?

Marcus

Jan 22, 2019, 3:51:57 PM1/22/19
to Utah Indie Games
I am not a fan of the layout / format of the google groups... and because of this, I never check it.  I would be very interested, however, in a discord set up.  I am almost always on discord.

I would for one be a lot more active in the community if we had a discord as well.

Is there already a discord set up?  If not, is anybody opposed to having one?  I could set it up and link it if nobody else is interested in doing so (if any of you feel the same and would want to join that is.)

Just looking to open up some discussion-

Marcus

Ayrik

Jan 22, 2019, 3:53:45 PM1/22/19
to Utah Indie Games
Yes there is! But it's not very active. I'm on there all day though so I'll chat with you.

Marcus

Jan 22, 2019, 3:55:29 PM1/22/19
to Utah Indie Games
cool! thanks-

Josh Sutphin

Jan 22, 2019, 3:55:39 PM1/22/19
to Utah Indie Games
FWIW we do have a Utah gamedev Slack channel with over 300 members which has been running for a while. There's an invite link at the top of http://utahgamesguild.com/ if you're interested in joining!

Eric Wiggins

Jan 22, 2019, 3:55:48 PM1/22/19
to Utah Indie Games
But also, there is a Slack channel and it's very active.

https://goo.gl/forms/zWttKmJyoDRFOdvk2

Kelly Harper

Jan 22, 2019, 3:58:05 PM1/22/19
to Ayrik, Utah Indie Games

There's also a slack, if you're not aware.

Marcus

Jan 22, 2019, 4:05:13 PM1/22/19
to Utah Indie Games
Awesome - I was unaware of the slack...  but I have a bunch of channels I am active on in Discord.  I dont see myself doing slack and discord... unless you convince me its super awesome and I am totally missing out by not being on slack...  anyone?

vazor

Jan 23, 2019, 1:35:51 PM1/23/19
to Utah Indie Games
It is pretty awesome (though discord's voice chat tech is better, I think slack is better in most other ways). For now, you are missing out (most of the community discussion takes place in the slack right now, but anything important is on the mailing lists too, whoever does discord should try to add it like how slack is setup where it posts announcements from the mailing list automatically, that would be cool). Things change of course.