Learn at Lunch Webinar -- May 21 at noon

USU Forestry Extension

May 6, 2013, 2:11:45 PM5/6/13
to Rose Long

Join USU Forestry Extension’s FREE Learn at Lunch May webinar and learn about Utah's biomass & biochar opportunities.
As always, one ISA CEU will be available.

When: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
12:00pm - 1:00pm (MT)

An Introduction to Woody Biomass and Biochar in Utah
Speaker: Darren McAvoy, Utah Biomass Resources Group
Website:
https://connect.usu.edu/r8agpj39jq2/

The Utah Biomass Resources Group (UBRG) was formed in 2010 to promote woody biomass utilization in Utah. Our Dragon Wagon is a mobile gasification demonstration unit that provided electricity for Utah’s first wood fired concert in Beaver. The UBRG is partnering with a private firm to build a mobile pyrolysis platform to turn woody biomass into a high value densified wood product: biochar. We have conducted extensive testing on mixing wood with coal in powerplants. Come learn about biochar, gasification, pyrolysis, cofiring and more at the Learn at Lunch webcast series.

Participation Instructions:

Each webinar will have a unique website.
1. Plan to enter webinar a few minutes early to enter CEU information and answer survey questions.
2. Click on the web link provided for the session (for May 21, https://connect.usu.edu/r8agpj39jq2/).
3. Enter as a "guest"

4. You should be taken to the presentation screen and have access to the audio.  You are encouraged to participate and ask questions in the chat pod in the lower left corner.