Hi Fi tools

1 view

Billy H

Feb 3, 2006, 6:43:25 PM2/3/06
Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?

I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.

Anyone?

--
Billy H

When a ship heels at sea she must give equal
draught to lee as she takes to windward.
Else she becomes unstable fore and aft, and
may become quite sickly.

Nantes-Howard Naval Architecture 'n' Terrestrial Engineering Services.
______________________________________
Live like a ship. Give and Take.

Tom

Feb 3, 2006, 7:31:52 PM2/3/06
Billy H wrote:

> Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?
>
> I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.
>
> Anyone?
>
> --
> Billy H

A quality handsaw beats most

Tom

A top burton is rove in the same manner as a luff-tackle purchase;
the only difference is, that the upper block of the burton is a
fiddle block, while that of the luff is a double one.

Andy H

Feb 4, 2006, 3:37:18 AM2/4/06
Angle grinder, end of story

"Tom" <tma...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

Tom

Feb 4, 2006, 3:52:52 AM2/4/06

Sorry, no cigar, we ain't talking literature..

Mike Whittome

Feb 4, 2006, 5:24:19 AM2/4/06
In message <43e3eaa0$0$82640$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>, Billy
H <nospam.na...@nanteshoward.f9.co.uk.nospam> writes

>Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?
>
>I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.
>

>Anyone?

I would suggest that a good anvil takes a bit of beating.

Mike

--
Mike Whittome

Peter A Forbes

Feb 4, 2006, 6:27:19 AM2/4/06
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:24:19 +0000, Mike Whittome <mi...@windling.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>I would suggest that a good anvil takes a bit of beating.
>
>Mike

Is that a pun or what? :-))

Peter
--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email: die...@easynet.co.uk

Mark Rand

Feb 4, 2006, 8:45:09 AM2/4/06
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 11:27:19 +0000 (UTC), Peter A Forbes <die...@easynet.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:24:19 +0000, Mike Whittome <mi...@windling.demon.co.uk>
>wrote:
>>
>>I would suggest that a good anvil takes a bit of beating.
>>
>>Mike
>
>Is that a pun or what? :-))
>
>Peter

No, a pun is a play on words. An anvil is a large piece of iron that you put
things on when you want to hit them :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Orator For Decency

Feb 4, 2006, 9:24:34 AM2/4/06
"......that you put things a-pun...."?

Mark Rand wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 11:27:19 +0000 (UTC), Peter A Forbes <die...@easynet.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:24:19 +0000, Mike Whittome <mi...@windling.demon.co.uk>
> >wrote:
> >>I would suggest that a good anvil takes a bit of beating.

> >Is that a pun or what? :-))

Mike H

Feb 4, 2006, 4:53:36 AM2/4/06
In message <43e3eaa0$0$82640$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>, Billy
H <nospam.na...@nanteshoward.f9.co.uk.nospam> writes
>Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?

From my childhood I seem to remember, "Wodya mean - can't shift it?
Where's me Bentley 'alf shaft". I think the man's name was Ham Stilson.

--
Mike Hopkins
CSME <http://goto/cheltsme>

Andy H

Feb 4, 2006, 3:46:33 PM2/4/06
Sense of humour not your strong point then?

"Tom" <tma...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

Tom

Feb 4, 2006, 6:07:41 PM2/4/06

Actually yes, but try and keep it musical..

Billy H

Feb 5, 2006, 5:55:32 AM2/5/06

"Tom" <tma...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

Ah well an emmission tester may enter the top ten then.

Billy H

Feb 5, 2006, 5:56:47 AM2/5/06

"Mike Whittome" <mi...@windling.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

I used a make-shift anvil to fix my laptop's power pack once.

Billy H

Feb 5, 2006, 5:58:56 AM2/5/06

"Orator For Decency" <radi...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message

> "......that you put things a-pun...."?

It is best to work apun the anvil, if you try holding things beneath it's
quite awkard to get a good swing going.

Billy H

Feb 5, 2006, 5:49:53 PM2/5/06

"Billy H" <nospam.na...@nanteshoward.f9.co.uk.nospam> wrote in
message news:43e3eaa0$0$82640$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...

> Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?
>
> I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.
>

> Anyone?

What about the brain. Is that a high fidelity tool?

Tony Jeffree

Feb 5, 2006, 6:06:51 PM2/5/06
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 22:49:53 -0000, "Billy H"
<nospam.na...@nanteshoward.f9.co.uk.nospam> wrote:

>> I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.
>>

>> Anyone?
>>

>What about the brain. Is that a high fidelity tool?

Only when it has been carefully adjusted by the skilled application of
a Stilson... ;-)

Regards,
Tony

Billy H

Mar 5, 2006, 1:41:26 PM3/5/06

"Tony Jeffree" <to...@jeffree.co.uk> wrote in message

It just struck me that'd hurt.

> Regards,
> Tony

Jim Hawkins

Dec 22, 2007, 8:21:41 AM12/22/07

"Billy H" <nospam.na...@nanteshoward.f9.co.uk.nospam> wrote in
message news:43e3eaa0$0$82640$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?
>
> I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.
>

> Anyone?
>

> --
> Billy H

Adjustable gas pliers !
Fits any nut, shaft, bolt, tap, socket... you name it !
And the finest, most controllable walnut-crackers ever !

Jim Hawkins

Austin Shackles

Dec 22, 2007, 9:25:51 AM12/22/07
On or around Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:21:41 -0000, "Jim Hawkins"
<jimha...@manx.net> enlightened us thusly:

AKA water pump pliers? I've got a set specifically as nutcrackers.
------------------------------------------------\
>> http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ << \ ...and Kill them.
a webcartoon by Howard Tayler; I like it, maybe you will too!

Jim Hawkins

Dec 22, 2007, 9:38:59 AM12/22/07

"Austin Shackles" <austinDITCHTHIS...@ddol-las.net> wrote in
message news:hi7qm3l8ffdb2h5p1...@4ax.com...

> On or around Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:21:41 -0000, "Jim Hawkins"
> <jimha...@manx.net> enlightened us thusly:
>

>>"Billy H" <nospam.na...@nanteshoward.f9.co.uk.nospam> wrote in
>>message news:43e3eaa0$0$82640$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
>>> Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?
>>>
>>> I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.
>>>

>>> Anyone?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Billy H
>>>

>>Adjustable gas pliers !
>>Fits any nut, shaft, bolt, tap, socket... you name it !
>>And the finest, most controllable walnut-crackers ever !
>
> AKA water pump pliers?

That's the tool !

> I've got a set specifically as nutcrackers.

Me too !

Jim Hawkins

madcadman

Dec 26, 2007, 10:06:16 AM12/26/07