Spring Semester

Stephen Roller

Jan 9, 2017, 1:21:26 PM1/9/17
to ut-flare
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone had a nice winter break.

I won't send out the schedule meeting until next week, since I want everyone's other items to fill the calendar before scheduling this one. Nonetheless, it's a good time to start discussing what we want from FLARE this semester.

So last semester was very successful in my opinion. I think we managed to cover a lot of the main foundations for what's going on in the community these days. This semester, I propose we return to the original format of the reading group, where we focus on new papers.

Namely, there is now a ton of stuff from NIPS and ICLR we could work though. Does that sound good? If so, I'll set up a new spreadsheet where we can upvote papers interesting to us.

Cheers,
Stephen

Joel Iventosch

Jan 9, 2017, 9:40:06 PM1/9/17
to FLARE
Sounds great! Thanks for coordinating/leading the group!

Joel