{USJ11/4} New OCS for USJ and Bandar Sunway

Edwin Tay

May 21, 2010, 1:46:50 AM5/21/10
to usj...@googlegroups.com

Taken off USJ Alert

Rgds

Edwin

From: SJA...@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SJA...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Chan - SJ Alert
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 1:10 PM
To: 'SJ Alert EMS Community'
Subject: SJ Alert EMS New OCS for USJ and Bandar Sunway

Dear Residents

Further to my previous email, please find the following media article, with details about our new OCSs. You will also find pictures of our new OCSs at the end of this email. Get to know them well.

We have been made to understand that Inspector Puan Chia is the 1st Female OCS in Selangor and 1 of only 3 in the whole of Malaysia.

Let's work together in the prevention of crime in Subang Jaya.

Regards

Robert

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2010/5/21/central/6279934&sec=central
Friday May 21, 2010

A first for lady cop
By THO XIN YI
thox...@thestar.com.my

THE USJ community in Subang Jaya welcomed their very first female officer-in-charge of the USJ 8 police station recently.
Insp Chia Bee Chuan took over the reins from ASP Loi Yew Lik, who has served the community for slightly more than a year.
Formerly with the vice, gambling and secret society branch (D7) of the Subang Jaya police district headquarters, Kelantan-born Chia said she would first study the crime cases in USJ to understand the area better.

Error! Filename not specified.Getting to know you: Insp Chia (left) introducing herself to the residents associations’ representatives as Insp Muniandy (right) snaps a photo of her.

“I will then think of ways to reduce the crime at hotspots, and maintain the situation at safe zones,” the master’s degree holder in Information Technology said.
Growing up in an all-female family, Chia said she has always played the role of protector and the job of a police officer was challenging.
Together with the new Bandar Sunway police station officer-in-charge Insp Muniandy Rethiah, Chia was feted at a dinner organised by SJ Alert and Subang Jaya assemblyman Hannah Yeoh.
Representatives from the residents associations turned up to welcome the new police officers, as well as bid farewell to Loi and outgoing Bandar Sunway officer-in-charge Harikrishnan Muralytharan.
Harikrishnan hoped the people would render the same support to his successor, Muniandy.
Formerly with the logistics division of the Subang Jaya police district headquarters, Muniandy said he harboured an ambition to contribute to the community since his school days.
He joined the police force in March 1988.
In 2008, he was posted to Sudan for the United Nations mission for a year.
“The Bandar Sunway residents associations are very active. It motivates us to be even more committed to fight crime,” the father of four said.
Loi, on the other hand, has been transferred to the Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department.
Loi said he was sad to leave USJ after only a short stint.
“It was an eye-opening experience and you cannot find such close relationships between the police and residents associations in many places.
“Chia is a capable lady and I am sure USJ will have a much better officer-in-charge,” he said.