not reporting opened emails correctly

Traci Rodriguez

Apr 29, 2024, 11:28:59 AMApr 29
to Using Volunteer Scheduler Pro
Hello all. Thank you for adding me to this group. We are new users (going live in 2 days!) and I have noticed that the "opened report" for announcements is not accurate. I have opened and read every announcement and it still shows "unopened" next to my name. I am opening and reading them on the personal email that is in the system.
I have tested "read receipts" on my email from other emails from a few different friends and they are coming through just fine.
I just know I will be getting questions about this from the other admins.
Thanks for any help you can provide
Traci

Raina Hanson

May 1, 2024, 5:24:49 PMMay 1
to using-voluntee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Traci,

Welcome to the VSP Google Group! I would love to explain a little more about how the open report works.

The "open report" uses industry standards to insert a single white pixel image in the body of the email. When the email opens and the image is loaded from our servers, that is what tells us that the email has been opened and updates the status to "Opened" for that recipient. If your email (or that of a volunteer) is set to not load images, this can interfere with the accuracy of the report. If you want to adjust this, your email settings should have an option to always display external images.

For additional help with a specific email client or user, please feel free to send in your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support) and the support team would be happy to help!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support