Sub-request Digest

ahb...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2022, 3:00:10 PM4/28/22
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
Is there a way to digest the current sub-requests into a daily digest?  I just launched the summer schedule and of course numerous users did not put their "can't serve times" into MSP.  The number of sub-requests today is crazy!  We are talking at least 30 to 40 already.

If there is not a way to have a sub-request daily digest Raina can you add a feature request?

I could see the function in this way:

Any sub-request for a service in the next {user configurable} number of days, would be sent immediately. If the sub-request is beyond the number of days, it is added to the digest list for distribution on a defined day and frequency/time.  Perhaps on the Wednesday Open position email, but add a sub-request section for the digest of sub - requests.

Albie Bell

Raina Hanson

Apr 29, 2022, 10:54:32 AM4/29/22
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Albie,

Thanks for the suggestion! I added it to our feature requests.

In the meantime, I have certainly had this happen, usually at the beginning of the summer schedule. Sometimes, I turn off the auto-process for swap requests before I send out the Schedule Finalized email. That way, I can see how many swaps there are and release the ones that are coming up soon right away. Then I turn off the email that goes out in the Web Terminal Settings and process the rest allowing them to be caught in the Open Positions emails or wait a week and manually send out an email with the swap requested positions and a reminder why it is so important to submit their can't serve times ;)

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

ahb...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2022, 11:52:41 AM4/29/22
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
I was also totally caught by the historical data on this past schedule, with COVID waning, I have many people coming back and some new volunteers that got heaped on and I totally missed it.  So that is also the source of so many sub-requests.  Perhaps also a feature request would be some check logic on conditions that would trigger the need to reset the historical data, that could warn the scheduler to consider resetting it...