Christmas Reminder

Michael Harrington

Dec 14, 2022, 4:31:44 PM12/14/22
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com

I have worked around the following problem for now but would like to know how I can do the following the easy way.

This Christmas Eve and Christmas Day many of our volunteers will be out of town and have added the dates around December 24th and 25th to their “Can’t serve date / times” field. I need to send a reminder to all volunteers of open positions for Christmas Eve & Day but exclude any who will be out of town. If I add the filter “Can’t Serve Times” this only send those who will be out of town. I do NOT need to send emails them but to those whose who will be in town.

I tried the Logic “Not Group” but I still only get those who will be out of town. I need a “Can’t serve times DO NOT include …”.

Can you help me to send only to those who WILL be in town? And for icing on the cake, I would like to exclude those who have already volunteered for Christmas Eve and Day. This will help me for future special services and perhaps someone else.

Thank you,

Mike H.

John Langan

Dec 14, 2022, 5:28:37 PM12/14/22
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I just set up this filter in the Announcements and it does what you are asking for: no one who is already serving and no one who has a can't serve. It sounds like you were doing the right thing, so I don't know what the difference is. I hope this helps.

Inline image

Best Regards,
Johnny Langan
St. Catherine of Siena
Austin, Texas

Michael Harrington

Dec 19, 2022, 10:45:05 AM12/19/22
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
Thanks for the reply but because most have "Any special service" added to their Service preference, everyone gets included in the email.

Raina Hanson

Dec 19, 2022, 11:11:29 AM12/19/22
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

If you send in your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support), we can take a look and see what is going on! The [any special service] shouldn't interfere with the filter that John suggested, but there is always a possibility of a setting somewhere that needs to be adjusted!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support