Substitutes

Carol Shepard

Apr 13, 2021, 12:18:56 PM4/13/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
How can we make all volunteers in a particular ministry be available to substitute for service times that are not their usual preference?

Carol Shepard

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019, 10:03 Raina MSP <ra...@rotundasoftware.com> wrote:
Hi Google Group,

We are excited to announce we are beginning beta testing on our next big release, MSP 7.8! This update will add some exciting new features that we can't wait to share with everyone. We were able to incorporate a lot of feedback given to us by you all, and want to invite you to help beta test the new features before releasing them to the general public.

If you are interested in beta testing MSP 7.8, please send an email to sup...@ministryschedulerpro.com. We will reply with the official beta email that includes the link to download the latest version and a list of the new features starting next week.

I can't wait to see what you all think of the new release!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

Raina Hanson

Apr 15, 2021, 3:24:43 PM4/15/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carol,

I would recommend sending in your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support) so we can take a closer look at your setup and give you the best path forward!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

Megan Adam

Apr 16, 2021, 10:34:33 AM4/16/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Raina -
Carol is not the only one with this question. Most of my volunteers in all ministries want to be able to jump in and help out even if it's not their preferred service. I get a lot of phone calls with people asking me to do an end-run around the software to allow them to volunteer for an open position. Kind of defeats the purpose of automation when I have to manually add them.

Blessings,

Megan Adam
Office & Cemetery Manager
St. John the Baptist Catholic Church
680 Mill Street, Excelsior, MN 55331

Raina Hanson

Apr 16, 2021, 11:24:00 AM4/16/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Megan,

If you are just looking to send out the sub requests to ALL other services to volunteers who are not regularly scheduled there, then you can use this tip to broaden your reach: Send sub requests to more volunteers to get positions filled

However, if you want volunteers to be able to choose which services they get requests for, we will definitely need to see your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support) to see how things are set up. That offer is open to anyone!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

Lynn Pechiney

Apr 16, 2021, 2:13:04 PM4/16/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
I think one nice solution would be to be able to add a different service time to profile, but designate that one as sub only. Alternatively, maybe something in the set up for the emails that sends it to everyone who does not have a "Can't serve time" for that service, not just those who have selected the service as a preference.

Peace,
Lynn

Lynn Pechiney
Program Coordinator
All Saints Youth Ministry

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~ Francis of Assisi

NOTICE:  The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by the intended recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you have received this communication in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.