Different Scheduling for Family members

margare...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2022, 3:16:56 PM11/9/22
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
I am wondering how to set up a profile for a particular family.
The mother is a Lector and she has two altar server children.
They prefer the 5PM Saturday mass.
We have enough altar servers for each to serve once per month however we are short Lectors so the mother would have to serve twice.
How do I set up the profile so the Mother is scheduled as needed but the children are held to once per month?
Would I have to unbind them as a family?

If the children are scheduled with the mother all the time then the other servers do not get the opportunity to serve each month and that is our goal.
Suggestions? Help?

Many thanks,
Margaret Johnson
St. Bartholomew Church

Lynn Pechiney

Nov 9, 2022, 5:41:03 PM11/9/22
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Margaret,

They can remain bound as a family, you just need to make sure that the box "Never schedule this family without all its members" is left unchecked. You can edit that under Family Groupings. Just highlight the name in question, and then click Edit Family. The box is the first one under the can't serve times.

In Christ,
Lynn

Lynn Pechiney
Program Coordinator
All Saints Youth Ministry

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~ Francis of Assisi

NOTICE:  The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by the intended recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you have received this communication in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Margaret Savage-Johnson

Nov 10, 2022, 12:39:06 PM11/10/22
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Lynn,

I did as suggested but the "Never schedule this family without all its members" was not checked.
So that prompted me to look at "Allow members of this family to be split up in ministries for which families are flagged to always be scheduled together".
If I check that would that work?
Is there a reference to this in the Guide book? And I went looking for the Guide Book but only saw the short version for volunteers.
Do you have a link to something for Administrators?
Thank you for your help,
Margaret

--
Margaret

Raina Hanson

Nov 10, 2022, 1:16:01 PM11/10/22
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Margaret,

This is one of those cases where there are likely quite a few settings and preferences that need to work together to achieve your ultimate goal. If you send in your Data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support) and the names of the family members and exactly how you want them scheduled, we can make some recommendations for you!

I have a feeling the solution may involve putting a limit on the preferred serving frequency for the kids, but we can try a few things out and let you know what works best once we have those files.

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support