Scheduling for parish clusters

Skip to the first unread message

Nora Stay

17 Dec 2021, 14:30:5817/12/2021
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I'm preparing to set up schedules for all of our churches for the first time this coming February.
I read through the directions for doing this on the website and am doing separate schedules for each church.
However, I would like all of our volunteers to be able to serve at any of our 3 churches.  If they place two churches as their preferences on their profile, how do I make sure they don't get placed on the schedule on the same Sunday at two different locations?

Very nervous about how this will all turn out.  Appreciate any help or advice you can provide.

Many Blessings,

Nora Stay
Pastoral Associate/Social Minister
Our Lady of the Valley Parish
200 Third Street
Beaver PA 15009

"As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another
as good stewards of God's varied grace."  1 Peter 4:10

Raina Hanson

17 Dec 2021, 15:13:3817/12/2021
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nora,

In order to make sure volunteers are not scheduled the same day at different locations, we can use this setting to leave 1 day (or even .5 days) between assignments:

Leaving one day between means that If someone is scheduled on Saturday for one service, they will not be eligible to serve again until Monday, whereas .5 days would mean a Saturday morning service could serve again the next day.

If you have any specific questions about what is best for you, please send in your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support) and we can make a personalized recommendation!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support