mentor position

Katherine Rings

May 24, 2021, 11:01:26 AM5/24/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
I am wondering if there is a way to conditionally schedule a mentor.

Here is the situation.  We normally only use one altar server at each Mass.  We have several new altar servers.  When one of the new altar servers is scheduled, I would like to add a second, experienced altar server (mentor).  So when I make the schedule, I want to set it up so that IF (and only IF) one of the young, training altar servers is scheduled, the auto scheduler AUTOMATICALLY also schedules a mentor.

Is that possible?  If not, please consider this a request for that feature ;-)

Peace,

Katherine Rings
Resurrection Catholic Church
Schedule Administrator

Raina Hanson

May 24, 2021, 5:08:41 PM5/24/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Katherine,

You can use Teams in the Altar Server ministry to group together one inexperienced volunteer with one experienced volunteer. Then when one is placed, so is the other. Send in your files if you need help setting this up!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

Robin Gansle

May 24, 2021, 5:10:55 PM5/24/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
I do this in reverse - setting title rules so that there can only ever be 1 inexperienced altar server, paired with 2 experienced altar servers (the total must be 3, so the 3rd spot can be either experienced or inexperienced).  I don't know if this helps you or might help someone else, but it works well for us in that we never want more than 1 inexperienced server at a time (keystone cops much??).  So in the title rules, it looks like this for us:
image.png
------
Robin Gansle
MSP Administrator

Karen Kranz

Jun 1, 2021, 10:16:16 AM6/1/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com

This helped me so thank you.

If the experienced server requested a sub and only an experienced person is allowed to fill in, how do you create a rule that only allows an experienced person to be a sub?

Thank you.

Blessings,

Karen Kranz

Robin Gansle

Jun 1, 2021, 11:46:40 AM6/1/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
This should work to allow only an experienced person replacement, but I've noticed when there are multiple sub requests and replacements that sometimes we have more than one inexperienced server (out of our 4 total).  When it is too strict, however, we've had a problem filling all of our needs, so this is preferable to the alternative.  The only major issue we've had, and MSP has resolved this issue I believe, was replacing subs on the kiosk when using title rules.

------
Robin Gansle
MSP Administrator