Posting Music Resources To Multiple Services

Joann

Mar 2, 2021, 11:53:12 AM3/2/21
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
We have been posting practice clips for the Psalm and other music resources on the Web Terminal calendar to help our cantors (especially important right now since we have no rehearsals). The materials are common to 9 Masses each weekend, so we try to post them just once using the "This service as well as all related services this week." Unfortunately, when we did this for the last Sunday before Lent, it also added the resources to all of our Ash Wednesday Services (even though we had different Psalm, etc for that day). This will happen again when we get to Palm Sunday, so I'm hoping we can find a better way.  Thanks!

Kathryn Anderson Kuo

Mar 2, 2021, 1:58:44 PM3/2/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
I noticed this too, when trying to post the lector's readings for Sunday only (but not Ash Wednesday that week). Is there a way to post resources for "all services on a particular date"?

Kathryn Anderson Kuo
she/her/hers
Associate Director of Campus Ministry for Liturgy
Resident Minister, Jogues Hall
Fordham University Rose Hill

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 at 11:53, Joann <joan...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have been posting practice clips for the Psalm and other music resources on the Web Terminal calendar to help our cantors (especially important right now since we have no rehearsals). The materials are common to 9 Masses each weekend, so we try to post them just once using the "This service as well as all related services this week." Unfortunately, when we did this for the last Sunday before Lent, it also added the resources to all of our Ash Wednesday Services (even though we had different Psalm, etc for that day). This will happen again when we get to Palm Sunday, so I'm hoping we can find a better way.  Thanks!

Raina Hanson

Mar 2, 2021, 2:09:46 PM3/2/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joann and Kathryn,

If you use the "related" services, it adds it to all services with the same service name (or no service name, if they are all blank). You can change this behavior by altering the service name on the services where you do not want the resource to appear! Here is an example of how I would add the service name "Good Friday" if I do not want the resources for the Easter weekend services to show up in this service:

image.png

If you need any help with this, feel free to send in your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support) and we can assist!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

Ron Cecil

Mar 2, 2021, 2:13:44 PM3/2/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
This would be helpful to me as well. I have liturgies for the English and Spanish Masses. We have a ppt for our large screens because of the pandemic. Right now I do this individually for each Mass. Sure would be a help to apply to more than one. :)

Ron Cecil
St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church
Humble, Texas