Revising lector set up

Paula Holmes

Jun 3, 2021, 1:01:48 PM6/3/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
We have two lector ministries, Lector 1 and Lector 2.
  • If we change this to Lector, with automatic numbering, will ministers be able to select the specific lector position they want?
  • If we make the above change, would combining Lector 1 and Lector 2 be the best way, or should we delete lector 1 and lector 2 and then go through each volunteer to requalify them as generic Lector?
Thank you, Paula

Lynn Pechiney

Jun 3, 2021, 1:44:59 PM6/3/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
We have several Lector Ministries: Sunday Adult (both English and Spanish), Sunday Youth, Sunday Teen, and Weekday. On Sundays, we schedule two and they do the first reading if they are listed first and the second if listed second. I think the Ministry Heads make sure there's a chance for everyone to do both when they edit the schedule, but I'm not certain. It has worked well thus far. Does this answer the question you're asking, or are Lector 1 and 2 different from what I'm thinking?

Peace,
Lynn

Lynn Pechiney
Program Coordinator
All Saints Youth Ministry

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~ Francis of Assisi

NOTICE:  The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by the intended recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you have received this communication in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Raina Hanson

Jun 3, 2021, 5:56:07 PM6/3/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paula,

To clarify on the expected behaviour here:
Also, since this can be a fairly picky process, feel free to send in your data files (Help - Send Data Files to Tech Support) with more specific questions on how things will be affected and we can help!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

Paula Holmes

Jun 3, 2021, 8:07:23 PM6/3/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com

Thank you both.  At this point we aren’t auto-scheduling, so we’ll not change anything at this time.  I appreciate the article, as it will help with other scenarios as we clean up our database and return to full in person services.   Paula