Pending Web Forms: Who gets these emails?

Jeff Thomas

Nov 18, 2019, 1:29:42 PM11/18/19
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
In Web Terminal / Web Terminal Settings / General, there is this setting:

msp 1.jpg

First question: Who receives these emails? Check all that apply:

A. Each of the 4 people who have been issued an MSP administrator installation under the church's MSP license
B. Ministry leaders who do not have an MSP administrator installation
C. Ministry leaders designated as the "from" email address in each ministry
D. The person designated as the "from' address for all automated emails sent

Because only holders of an administrator installation have access to Web Forms (meaning that ministry leaders do not, if they do not also have an administrator installation), I am assuming the correct answer is A.

Second question: What do these emails contain?

A. Pending web forms only for the ministry for which the recipient is responsible, i.e. the ministry leader for extraordinary ministers receives alerts to web forms pending only for extraordinary ministers, etc.
B. Alerts to web forms pending for all ministries

My guess: B, because (again, as with question 1), I'm assuming these emails are sent only to those who hold administrator installations, and because the limit on administrator installations is 4, it is these 4 people who must attend to all web forms for all ministries. Whether the holder of an administrator installation also is a ministry leader, is irrelevant to this particular setting. That's my guess, anyway.

Please correct me where I'm wrong, thank you.

Rich Barth

Nov 20, 2019, 11:30:47 AM11/20/19
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
I think it goes to the license contact email address - at least my installation seems to work that way. It does NOT go to any of my ministry lead addresses. The email just says there are web forms waiting - apparently ANY web form goes to the license contact.

Lynn Pechiney

Nov 20, 2019, 11:30:58 AM11/20/19
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

I just set that up in our system and the only email we saw was to the Admin email address that we have set up. It did not go to the individuals who have the administrator installs, only to the one who receives the Admin emails.

This is what the email said:
Dear All Saints Scheduling Admin,

There are pending Web Forms of the following types that need to be processed inside Ministry Scheduler Pro.

Profile Change Forms (2)

You can process these forms by going to MSP on your computer and clicking on the Web Forms pane. (If you would like to turn off this automatic email, you can do so by going to the Web Terminal pane, clicking on the "Web Terminal Settings" button, and unchecking the "Email me daily regarding Web Forms that are waiting to be processed" checkbox.)

The MSP Team

The forms were from volunteers in two different ministries. I am also the Ministry Head for one of the two ministries and did not receive an email as MH.

Peace,
Lynn

NOTICE:  The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by the intended recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you have received this communication in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Jeff Thomas

Nov 26, 2019, 12:58:40 PM11/26/19
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
Thanks for the responses, everyone. A couple questions to ponder:

What's the point of this email, anyway? I mean, is there any time when there is not a web form waiting to be processed? I could see how this alert might be useful if whole days went by between the creation of web forms, but that doesn't seem real-world.

Wouldn't it be more useful if it was sent to the applicable ministry leads? At our parish, we don't centralize the processing of web forms. We decentralize it. I'm the one who receives this email, but I have no business approving altar-server assignments or EMHC sub accepts, because I'm not the leader of those ministries. So I either have to ignore this daily email, or I have to forward it to every ministry lead as a matter of routine -- which only outsources to every ministry leader the mystery of whether any of these waiting web forms relates to their own ministry. This email should go to
each ministry leader, and should be sent only when there are forms related to their respective ministries.

This is what the email said:
Dear All Saints Scheduling Admin,

There are pending Web Forms of the following types that need to be processed inside Ministry Scheduler Pro.

Profile Change Forms (2)

You can process these forms by going to MSP on your computer and clicking on the Web Forms pane. (If you would like to turn off this automatic email, you can do so by going to the Web Terminal pane, clicking on the "Web Terminal Settings" button, and unchecking the "Email me daily regarding Web Forms that are waiting to be processed" checkbox.)

The MSP Team

The forms were from volunteers in two different ministries. I am also the Ministry Head for one of the two ministries and did not receive an email as MH.

Peace,
Lynn

Raina Hanson

Dec 2, 2019, 12:51:32 PM12/2/19
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

To respond to your questions:

1. Yes, some people only get web forms very infrequently. This tends to be churches where automatic processing is used more frequently.
2. Currently, Ministry Leader cannot process Web Forms (only an admin can do this), but I am happy to add your vote to the feature request!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

Jeff Thomas

Dec 2, 2019, 1:48:27 PM12/2/19
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
Hey, Raina,

Thanks for the confirmation. But a puzzler remains:

Under our specific license, we have the basic plan, which includes 4 administrator installations. Separately, we have purchased 3 additional administrator installations.

So, that's 7 administrators, each with a full-blown version of the MSP admin tool installed on their computer.

Seven administrators. Yet I'm the only one receiving this daily email. Why?

Since we're on this topic . . .

. . .I'm thinking it's a bit bonkers for us to have 7 administrator installations anyway. Seems overkill. But it's the only way to give each ministry lead the ability to manage web forms, because as I said, we decentralize that important task to the leads.

In my more perfect world, we would:
  1. Upgrade our license to Plus
  2. Drop the number of administrator installations to 4, the number permitted under the license
  3. Expand the number of people who are designated as ministry leads, which would give them access to the "admin" tab in Web Terminal (our current license limits us to 5 designated ministry leads, but Plus allows unlimited(?) numbers of ministry leaders)
Doesn't this sound logical? Simpler? An easier learning curve for ministry leads? More aligned with Rotunda's drive to push users to the Web Terminal? I think so.

But it makes sense for us only if web-form functionality is added to the Web Terminal admin tab. Until and unless that happens, we're locked in to the overkill model of subscribing to a bunch of administrator installation licenses.

So, that's another one for the feature-request pile, I suppose. Thanks.

Raina Hanson

Dec 2, 2019, 1:54:00 PM12/2/19
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Those emails go to the primary on the license, not to all admins.

The request for Ministry Leaders to be able to process web forms has been submitted.