Suggestion: add option to suggest and verify scheduling placement

O'Brien, Tom

Apr 30, 2021, 2:25:17 PM4/30/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
I wanted to suggest a helpful new feature to MSP: the option to suggest and verify a scheduled volunteer's assignment.

Here's the use case: When I schedule manually (during Covid, in particular), I place volunteers in the slot I want them, then I immediately email them manually asking them if they can serve on that day and time. I use the schedule as my placeholder to indicate to me I've covered all the bases. If they accept, great. If they refuse I look for another. But sometimes I forgot if the volunteer actually agreed, or did I just put him/her there?

It would be very helpful to be able to flag the placement as a "suggestion" by me and to let the volunteer verify the placement; or I could do it when I hear back from them. If they refuse the placement, the system keeps their name in the slot, but flags them as "refused by volunteer", letting me know I have to find someone else.

Perhaps this could be used even for automatically scheduled placements, too. It would be very handy to know a volunteer has actually seen his/her assignment and agreed to it or refused it.

I realize this impacts programming and is not an easy new feature to add. But I wonder if others would find this to be a new feature they would actually use?

Easter blessings,
Deacon Tom

--
Deacon Tom O'Brien
Pastoral Associate, Music Director

Nativity of Our Lady Catholic Church
221 Daly Ave
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

tom.o...@NativitySLO.org

Twitter @NativitySLO

Dorothy DeLuca

Apr 30, 2021, 3:33:17 PM4/30/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
I am handling assignments in the exact same way during COVID.  It would be a great feature - I second it.

Dorothy

Raina Hanson

May 3, 2021, 12:33:50 PM5/3/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom and Dorothy,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I have added this to our feature requests for future consideration.

If anyone else would like this feature, please let me know so I can add your name to the request list.

Best,

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support