Our parish merged with another parish

Jenny Schafer

Aug 3, 2021, 1:09:16 PM8/3/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Wondering if there is a way to identify volunteers into two groups, etc. Our parish recently joined with another parish (one priest and common bookkeeping services, etc.). The new parish is currently not on MSP. They would like to use the program with us. Is this possible? Do I just add an administrator and their Masses and volunteers? Is there a way to easily identify them in the volunteer list as being from the other parish (for email purposes for example..)

Help!

Jenny Schafer
The Church of Notre Dame

Albie Bell

Aug 3, 2021, 2:01:19 PM8/3/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
A creative problem:
Do you want everyone to be able to serve in both locations?  If not, you will need distinct ministries assigned to distinct individuals.  If not, people will be assigned all over.  Service labels will also be important, to keep it all straight.

Having a custom field for the two parishes might be helpful to keep track.

It might be easier and simpler in reality just to get another church ID from MSP.

Deacon Kevin Mastellon

Aug 4, 2021, 11:12:17 AM8/4/21
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
We have three parishes. I created distinct ministry opportunities (Lector SP, Lector SA, Lector HF) with the initials referencing a church.  Then I make sure each minister is qualified for the appropriate ministry and the service lists the correct ministry.

One other thing I did was create a custom field called parish.  I list which parish the individual belongs in that field.  It will accept multiple parishes by separating with a comma.
That helps us sort ministers by preferred parish.

Kevin

Raina Hanson

Aug 4, 2021, 11:22:59 AM8/4/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenny,

One of the things we recommend is using Ministry Folders (available in the Plus edition). In this method, you create a separate folder for each church with the ministries at that church listed in each folder. You can see this, along with some other tips for managing multiple locations, in this article:

If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

noras...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2021, 10:37:20 AM8/5/21
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
That is a very creative way to use Ministry Scheduler for multiple churches.  I started using the Plus Edition as suggested in one of the emails.  So far it's working well.

Jenny Schafer

Aug 5, 2021, 12:46:07 PM8/5/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
THank you all for the suggestions! I am going to create my pros and cons list and present it to our parish for deciding what route to go...

MSP really is a great tool!