copy and paste

Christine Warloski

Apr 21, 2021, 10:59:19 AM4/21/21
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
is there a way to copy info from MSP for another program? when people give me phone numbers on MSP I want to copy and paste in our parish database. also the other way, to copy email addresses.

Dorothy DeLuca

Apr 21, 2021, 11:23:55 AM4/21/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Certainly you can export the roster to get it in excel format to import into your parish database, but if you are doing this as new people get added, you can view the roster online and copy the fields in question.  You could set up a roster just for you which has the fields in the desired order so you can grab the entire line to paste into the database.  I have all sorts of custom rosters for my use and when I log in via the web I only display those rosters if the login user is me :-).

It is more cumbersome to copy and paste from a volunteer form that is being edited since you have to copy each field separately, but that can be done as well.

Dorothy

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 10:59 AM Christine Warloski <chri...@stjameseauclaire.org> wrote:
is there a way to copy info from MSP for another program? when people give me phone numbers on MSP I want to copy and paste in our parish database. also the other way, to copy email addresses.

Christine Warloski

Apr 21, 2021, 1:47:10 PM4/21/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
maybe I"m not clear, I'm not talking about rosters, but wanting to be able to copy and paste in the program itself. for individual volunteers.
Christine Warloski
Pastoral Associate
St. James the Greater

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Using Ministry Scheduler Pro" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/using-ministry-scheduler-pro/CAF0BAoK%3DJ5Hqw8NUx6ZWbNpaUHP80F8ur8n_1YyRF%3DwSu96DWw%40mail.gmail.com.

Karen Kranz

Apr 21, 2021, 1:47:16 PM4/21/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
I normally right click to copy, but in MSP I have to go up to Edit > copy.

Dorothy DeLuca

Apr 21, 2021, 1:47:22 PM4/21/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Also, perhaps you did not realize that under the File menu there is an option to synchronize your data with many of the standard Parish Database programs.

Dorothy

Dorothy DeLuca

Apr 21, 2021, 2:36:22 PM4/21/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
So you are talking about importing information from your Parish DB, not the other direction?  I think you may want to look into the synchronization of Parish DB programs to MSP.

Dorothy

Raina Hanson

Apr 21, 2021, 3:07:09 PM4/21/21
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christine,

When you are editing a Volunteer profile in the Volunteers pane, you can select the information you want to copy (like email or phone number) and then use CTRL+C to copy that and CTRL+V to paste into the other program.

Otherwise, depending on the other program you are using and how many volunteers' information you are looking to update, you can export and import CSV files of information either into or out of MSP or see if we have a synchronization available.

If you want more help, please feel free to email us at sup...@ministryschedulerpro.com so we can talk about your specific options!

Raina Hanson
Director of Technical Support

Christine Warloski