Passing of Pam Rietsch, longtime USGenWeb volunteer

1 view

Denise Wells

Mar 28, 2020, 9:21:40 PM3/28/20
to State-Coord@Google, 22-USGW Discuss Google, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, 22-USGenWeb-NW, usgw...@googlegroups.com
It was posted on the Nebraska coordinator mail list of the passing of Pam Rietsch.  Pam was known throughout many regions of USGenWeb.  The following was posted by a member of NEGenWeb:

"I received word that Pam Rietsch died Sunday about 2 a.m.  I believe
that was March 22.

She had fallen down the stairs in their home, and suffered multiple
broken bones and severe brain damage. She had been on hospice at home.

She was an only child, and she and Don had no children.

She used her resources to purchase old books, and loaned many of them to
the various county hosts to scan/transcribe/index and post on either
their own county sites or on the state GenWeb site.

One of the books she sent me was a handwritten journal of the
proceedings of the Anti-Horse Thief Society of Buffalo County.
http://negenweb.net/NEBuffalo/horsethief/journal.htm

Those of us who knew her will always remember her lively comments and
her passion for saving and sharing historical information.

Mona"

Thank you to Mona for letting me know about her passing.  If you never worked with Pam, you may have seen sites, books and contributions contributed to different areas of the project.

Denise Wells
National Coordinator 2014-2020
The USGenWeb Project
www.usgenweb.org

And again....  thank you Family Tree Magazine!  Year after year!  We are always evolving...