ANNOUNCEMENT: USGenWeb Service Mark Renewals

webmaster

Jan 4, 2021, 7:54:03 PM1/4/21
to boa...@googlegroups.com, disc...@googlegroups.com, state...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com
*** PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL PROJECT LISTS ***

The Project needs your help to raise a total of $850 before March 29, 2021, to renew two Service Marks registered with USPTO. All contributions are welcomed and greatly appreciated to keep these Service Marks legally active.

Donations may be made to my webm...@cottonhills.com PayPal account. Please also send a note to me at webm...@cottonhills.com so I may confirm receipt. If you prefer to donate by check or money order, please email me and I will provide my postal address.

The web page below will be refreshed periodically to track progress towards our goal: https://www.cottonhills.net/USGenWebSMRenewals.html

Service Mark Information

The two Service Marks registered with USPTO are listed below and have been maintained since the early days of our organization. The renewal due date for each Service Mark is March 29, 2021, and will extend these Service Marks for a ten year period.
  1. 3936386 USGENWEB Service Mark Word Mark
  2. 3968468 THE USGENWEB PROJECT Service Mark Word Mark
The cost for each Service Mark includes a Renewal Declaration fee of $125 plus the renewal fee of $300, for a total of $425 per Service Mark. Late renewal is allowed for up to 6 months past the due date (9/29/2021) for an additional fee of up to $200 per renewal.

https://www.uspto.gov/trademark/fees-payment-information/overview-trademark-fees

Thank you!

Linda K. Lewis
National Coordinator
The USGenWeb Project ℠

webmaster

Jan 5, 2021, 8:04:56 AM1/5/21
to boa...@googlegroups.com, disc...@googlegroups.com, state...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com
*** PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL PROJECT LISTS ***

Thanks to the amazing generosity of our Project members, the goal of $850 to renew our two Service Marks has been reached and exceeded in just a few hours! I am truly humbled by the outpouring of support for our Project from so many people. Through the generosity of our time, efforts, and financial support, we are able to continue to provide the world with Free Genealogy resources!

Little is truly free these days. Not only do we pay for Service Marks, but the Project also pays for domain names and Election software hosting, on top of the donation of our time and efforts. All excess monies will be held and applied toward these future renewals as they come due and will be announced on Board as they are paid.

I sincerely thank you all on behalf of The USGenWeb Project!

Linda K. Lewis
National Coordinator
The USGenWeb Project ℠