Hurricane Dorian & SC/ASC Roll call

Denise Wells

Aug 29, 2019, 1:34:12 PM8/29/19
to State-Coord@Google, 22-USGenWeb-NW, 22-USGW Discuss Google, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, 22-Advisory Board
As many of you know, I reside in SE Florida.  Hurricane Dorian is headed our way, and could hit south of me (which then puts us on the bad side of the storm), or into us or north of us.  The bottom side of Hurricanes are considered a better side to be on.  However, this is currently looking like a direct hit for anywhere from Broward County (Fort Lauderdale), to who knows where north of here.  As this new term begins, please know that I may lose internet access from possibly any time starting Friday night or Saturday, with rain and winds, with the possible Category 4 hitting here Sunday or Monday.

I also don't know if I will have phone access either if it is a Cat 4.  Let's hope that something steers it away from us.

Consequently, since this storm is due ON MY BIRTHDAY, you may not see any movement if our electric and access goes out.  I've got my fingers crossed.  THe last one that hit here was in September 2017 and came in at Miami/Miami Beach area and then into the Gulf and back into Florida on the West Coast.

State and Assistant State Coordinators are due for a roll call, so please feel free to begin that directly to my email with all of your personal contact information, including the following:

NAME
POSITION WITH STATE
2 EMAIL ADDRESSES (main and emergency)
FULL STREET ADDRESS, INCLUDING CITY/STATE/ZIP
CELL PHONE & LANDLAND
EMERGENCY CONTACT PERSON AND THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION, I.E. EMAIL AND PHONE

This is a REQUIRED roll call every year.  Please be sure to respond to me at:

I need all of this because I have been receiving numerous complaints because SCs are not responding to research requests AND requests to adopt counties in several states.  This is a huge problem.  I appreciate each and every one of you who do respond to those who are trying to contact you.

Thank you for doing the job you all signed up for.  If you have any questions about your requirements for the SC/ASC positions, please be sure to review the guidelines that are located on the national site.

I have provided the information on the AB changes to the national webmasters and they shall be updating that online very soon.  Any new AB members will be added to the appropriate mail lists as soon as possible.  I am the only person able to do that.

Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer.  Thanks so much for your kind understand, cooperation and assistance.  We have lots to do this coming year throughout the project.

Thank you.

Denise Wells
National Coordinator 2014-2020
The USGenWeb Project
www.usgenweb.org

And again....  thank you Family Tree Magazine!  Year after year!  We are always evolving...