Checkers

Steven Chetelat (CS)

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98

Just have to rant about my former favorite restaurant chain. I've always
liked thir burgers, and on Sundays, I could get 2 1/4 pounders for $1.06,
pretty much unbeatable...
Well, I went by
Sunday to get a few Champ burgers, and use a discount card I had, which
lets me get a free champ on Sundays with any $.99 purchase. Lo and
behold, the Champ, my favorite burger, has been discontinued -- I assumed
the Checker burger was just the Champ renamed, but it's actually only 2.6
ounces instead of 4 -- so $.79 is no big deal. Worse yet, the new Super
Champ sells for $1.49, and the cashier told me it was 1/2 pound. When I
quizzed the manager, however, I found it is actually a whopping 4.3
ounces, a whole 7.5% larger than the old $.99 Champ :-P Not only that, I
couldn't even get a free Checker Burger with my discount card, because it
specifies a free *Champ* burger, and they've been discontinued! I don't
know if any .miscers like Checkers, but if you do go there occasionally,
let them know they can't snow you. The national number is 1-800-800-8072.
Tell them to bring back the $.99 Champ. I've let them know I'm not eating
there until they do.

K-Bye,
STEVE! (chet...@csee.usf.edu)(st...@rad.usf.edu)

David Hubbard

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
My roommate used to work there, his stories have made me not want
to each too much that comes from Checkers anymore. :-)

Dave