are old versions of petapator available?

babc...@gmail.com

May 22, 2013, 11:13:35 AM5/22/13
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
I really appreciated the way Petapator would open a patent and allow you to see the cited references of that patent, inline with the patent itself, particularly the diagrams of the cited references.

This functionality is now gone, in favor of a better view of the current patent.  This is of no use when one is quickly moving along a patent thread looking for a particular feature via the figures.

Are old versions of Petapator available anywhere?

Thanks.

Kenneth Yip

May 22, 2013, 11:30:52 AM5/22/13
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did struggle whether to keep the diagrams of the cited references.  Now, seems that there is a demand for it.   I will create a "classical" version soon for this purpose (hope can achieve this within a month).  This could be a temporary fix before I can eventually incorporate the diagrams of cited references in the new UI.

Thanks

Kenneth

Kenneth Yip

Jun 3, 2013, 4:37:02 AM6/3/13
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
I will see how I can include the inline expandable citation.  This could involve lots of programming.  But will definitely add it back.

BTW, what do you mean by "just reloads the same reference"?  Did you try to go back to the search page or previous patents?

On Saturday, June 1, 2013 8:46:52 AM UTC+8, Tom Druan wrote:
Thanks for looking into this Kenneth - I also really liked the inline expandable citations.  Otherwise the new layout is pretty slick!  The only other thing about it I don't necessarily like is that the browser's back button just reloads the same reference.  I've tried clicking back twice quickly but your code is faster than my finger!

Tom Druan

Jun 25, 2013, 5:29:04 PM6/25/13
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, my explanation was a bit confusing - I just meant that if I'm in a search results list or within a patent result, and click on a listed reference/citation, the page first goes to the USPTO result page and is then redirected to a page with the new look.  Clicking once on the back button will go back to the USPTO page (which then gets redirected to the new look page again), and not to page with the original link.  That said, I've since been able to get back with a quick double click, so this isn't an issue for me anymore.