search of patents by IPC

irina...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2014, 8:52:06 AM10/19/14
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com

Goog day,

I met a problem, working with Petapator. When trying to search documents by IPC I always got 0 documents. I entered the class like A01N 25/16. Please, tell me if there are any particularities in entering the IPC class in Petapator?

Thank you.
Irina

Kenneth Yip

Oct 19, 2014, 12:18:24 PM10/19/14
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Irina,

Petapator does not change the query syntax at the USPTO website.  According to USPTO:

TIP: To search for International Classification G06F 19/00, you must enter the classification with a zero ("0") in place of the space -- i.e., without any embedded spaces -- as follows: ICL/G06F019/00. Formatting your search in this field in any other way will result in an error.

For example, if you want to search for IPC with G06F and all of sub-classes of G06F, you should enter ICL/G06F???/??. ? is the wildcard. Please give it a try.

If someone has other suggestions, please let is know.

Thanks

Kenneth