Image size increase?

Justin Miller

Jun 11, 2015, 3:47:18 PM6/11/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
First of all, I have watched this tool improve over the years and am truly glad to have it.

My only complaint is that the image size has decreased. I perform quite a bit of design patent searching and large images are key to finding relevant references.

I would appreciate an option to increase image size and to hide Abstract/Claims/etc.

Thank you for all your work.

Justin

Kenneth Yip

Jun 11, 2015, 9:58:08 PM6/11/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

Your wish is my command!  We did try a version that only have images, like those in Google Images and Flickr.  Would you like that kind of user interface?

Thanks

Kenneth

Justin Miller

Jun 12, 2015, 8:49:03 AM6/12/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kenneth,

Haha, thanks. I don't think I have that power anywhere else . . .

I think an image-only interface could be very useful. Perhaps this is already what you are thinking, but I suggest that it include all the images from every application, as opposed to each image being only the cover image.

For mechanical and design searching this could be a huge time saver. It seems that other patent search engines, e.g., Google Patent, have moved away from an interface with large images, and I think that has been a loss.

As always, thank you for your help. The offer of dinner remains open for any time you are in the Tampa Bay area.

Justin

Kenneth Yip

Jun 15, 2015, 11:52:07 PM6/15/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com, jpmi...@gmail.com
Hi Justin,

I have added an option to show larger images in the newest version, 7.3.  It can be enabled by Show->Large Images.  Please give it a try.

Thanks

Kenneth

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 3:47 AM, Justin Miller <jpmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
First of all, I have watched this tool improve over the years and am truly glad to have it.

My only complaint is that the image size has decreased. I perform quite a bit of design patent searching and large images are key to finding relevant references.

I would appreciate an option to increase image size and to hide Abstract/Claims/etc.

Thank you for all your work.

Justin

Justin Miller

Jun 16, 2015, 8:26:09 AM6/16/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kenneth,

Wow, wonderful. Thank you very much, I will give it a shot.

Justin

Kenneth
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to user--petapator-a...@googlegroups.com.

Justin Miller