great tool

ac.cas...@gmail.com

May 1, 2015, 12:48:25 PM5/1/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot to the developer! Really improve access to the information. Anyway I have few issues with the export service and the analysis tools.
1)How can I export to csv all the patent field(I only get patent number, title, and abstract)?? Is it possible to export also claims and "referenced by"?
2)All the analysis charts do not display in chrome (and firefox as well).
3) Is there a way to list all the patents found in one single list?

Thanks for the nice piece of work!

Nino

Kenneth Yip

May 3, 2015, 6:59:13 AM5/3/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com, ac.cas...@gmail.com
Hi Nino,

Thanks for using the tool and we are glad that you like it.

1.  At this moment, cannot export all patent info.  The reason was a purely technical decision.  When claims and referenced by are included, the size can be huge and will be difficult for the extension to handle.  Your wish is our command, we will improve it and make it possible in later version by applying some technical tricks.

2. We will fix the bug.

3.  What do you mean by "all the patents"?  Do you mean (i) 50 pages displayed per page or (ii) all the patents found by the USPTO search engine? (i) can be done by export; (ii) will be very difficult mainly because USPTO search engine can be slow.  This is why we are working on Patent Bell - hope to make search results available within 3 seconds and with lots of analysis charts.

Please let us know more of other features you like to have.

Thanks

Kenneth

ac.cas...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 8:07:57 AM5/3/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com, ac.cas...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot for the answer Kenneth,

1) I was asking for exporting claims and citations for some post analysis. Having the number of times a patent is cited, for instance, gives you an idea of how good a patent is (just having the number and not a list of the citing patents)

2) thanks a lot!

3)having the possibility of exporting a single list with all the patents found by USPTO. Patent Bell is indeed interesting but did not find a way (is there one?) to perform and advanced search like in USPTO

Anyway Petapator is already incredibly good the way it is and I'm enjoying using it!

Thanks a lot,

Nino

Kenneth Yip

May 5, 2015, 5:34:12 AM5/5/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com, ac.cas...@gmail.com
Hi Nino,

1.  We have just introduced citation analysis (but not cited-by yet).  You can give it a try.  For others, we will continue to work on it.
2.  You are welcome.
3.  We will make it more user-friendly and add more guidelines on how to use it.

Thanks

Kenneth

ac.cas...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 12:36:54 PM5/5/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kenneth,
I saw it. Pretty nice implememtation!
Looking forward to see how it evolves!

Nino

Kenneth Yip

May 6, 2015, 11:21:45 PM5/6/15
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com, ac.cas...@gmail.com, ac.cas...@gmail.com
Hi Nino,

(2) is also fixed except the references.

Thanks

Kenneth

ac.cas...@gmail.com

May 8, 2015, 2:43:58 AM5/8/15