Outputted CSV file is actually tab delineated

jpmi...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2014, 2:22:20 PM1/16/14
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
First of all, the ability to output a file that I can import into Excel is great, so I don't want to minimize that.

I am using the advanced search to create a list of patents, then saving the CSV file for importation into Excel. The problem is that the file is in fact not comma separated, but tab delineated. But with a .csv extension, Excel tries to open as comma separated, which generates the file improperly. Renaming the file to have a .txt extension causes Excel to open as tab delineated, which works great.

So the interim solution is straightforward, but I imagine the problem is easy to address.

Thanks for the great extension!

Kenneth Yip

Jan 16, 2014, 9:41:08 PM1/16/14
to user--petap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

After using Excel for so many years, I did not know how Excel treats .txt and .csv files differently!  I will change the file extension to .txt in the next version.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Kenneth