Downgrade from 4.2

toby...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2013, 4:21:52 AM12/6/13
to usefulsof...@googlegroups.com
We need to downgrade from version 4.2 back to an earlier version - the automatic clipboard clear and inability to search through folders using letters on the keyboard make the software significantly worse. Can you please let us know how to do so?

Toby - Cutec Ltd

Alex Egorov, Usefulsoft.com

Dec 6, 2013, 5:56:24 AM12/6/13
to usefulsof...@googlegroups.com, toby...@gmail.com
Hello Toby,

Please describe how do you need to search through folders? Which functionality should be improved?

toby...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2013, 7:45:29 AM12/6/13
to usefulsof...@googlegroups.com, toby...@gmail.com
I would like to be able to press a letter on the keyboard and be taken to folders with that initial only at that directory level. For instance, in out folder structure if I was at root/Clients, I need to press a letter and be taken to folders inside clients with that initial, ie if I pressed 'T' I would be taken to 'root/Clients/Test'. Currently if I press a letter on the keyboard it takes me to the next folder with that initial regardless of directory level. So if I was to press 'T' I would be taken to 'root/Clients/A Random Client/Test'.

More important is the clipboard clear - I'll often be copying and pasting a lot of information quickly - within the allocated 15 seconds I can have pasted the information and copied something else. PWM then deletes whatever is in my clipboard, regardless! This feature adds nothing, and is a detriment to security as I have to paste passwords into a text document in order to keep them available. 15 seconds is also not long enough when using the password in a situation that I cannot paste (RDP to XP/2003, Logmein).

Thanks.

Alex Egorov, Usefulsoft.com

Dec 6, 2013, 8:12:07 AM12/6/13
to usefulsof...@googlegroups.com, toby...@gmail.com
Thank you for clarifying, we will try to improve it shortly,
about countdown timer you can download this version:
In this version you can disable clearing during installation,
and also it is possible to copy with Ctrl button do disable clearing only for one time

Please tell me result of testing

toby...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2013, 8:19:22 AM12/6/13
to usefulsof...@googlegroups.com, toby...@gmail.com
Thanks, I will try out 4.2.2.

Holding Ctrl disables the timer when revealing passwords, however it does not work when copying to the clipboard.

Alex Egorov, Usefulsoft.com

Dec 6, 2013, 8:24:20 AM12/6/13
to usefulsof...@googlegroups.com, toby...@gmail.com
This behavior was for previous version, just try this new version

toby...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2013, 8:34:55 AM12/6/13
to usefulsof...@googlegroups.com, toby...@gmail.com
4.2.2 with the timer disabled is much better, thank you. It would be great if we could get the initial searching issue sorted too.

Alex Egorov, Usefulsoft.com

Dec 9, 2013, 7:50:30 AM12/9/13
to usefulsof...@googlegroups.com, toby...@gmail.com
Hello Toby,

Please download 4.2.2 version again (released today) and try improved incremental search. Now it is begins from selected folder.
If all will works fine, we will release this version officially