Spectra onto ChemSPider

1 view

Tony at ChemSpider

Feb 6, 2008, 7:45:29 PM2/6/08
to UsefulChem
Hi all,
I am presently gathering feedback on the spectral deposition system at
ChemSpider to see whether you have any feedback regarding the process
and any requests for improvements. We are presently working on tweaks
on the system according to user feedback. We welcome your comments
(and any spectral depositions you would like to submit).

Also, has anyone used the structure deposition yet other than Dr
Bradley? ANy feedback is welcomed. Thanks

Jean-Claude Bradley

Feb 7, 2008, 6:10:00 AM2/7/08
to usefu...@googlegroups.com
Shannon, Emily, Tim and Khalid:
This is something that we discussed - we want to get all of our good quality spectra of pure compounds on ChemSpider.  That includes all of our fully characterized isolated compounds:
http://usefulchem.wikispaces.com/isolated

But it also includes starting materials. Part of your experience in working in the lab this term is taking NMRs - schedule some time to start getting NMRs of the starting materials that you have been using in the Ugi reactions.  This is important - if you remember the wasted time with the phenanthrene-9-carboxaldehyde that was bad.

Timothy Bohinski

Feb 7, 2008, 8:58:44 AM2/7/08
to usefu...@googlegroups.com
Who do I talk to so I can get trained on the NMR

> This is something that we discussed - we want to get all of our
> good quality
> spectra of pure compounds on ChemSpider. That includes all of our

> fullycharacterized isolated compounds:

> http://usefulchem.wikispaces.com/isolated
>
> But it also includes starting materials. Part of your experience
> in working
> in the lab this term is taking NMRs - schedule some time to start

> gettingNMRs of the starting materials that you have been using in

> the Ugi
> reactions. This is important - if you remember the wasted time
> with the
> phenanthrene-9-carboxaldehyde that was bad.
>
> On Feb 6, 2008 7:45 PM, Tony at ChemSpider <tony...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I am presently gathering feedback on the spectral deposition
> system at
> > ChemSpider to see whether you have any feedback regarding the
> process> and any requests for improvements. We are presently
> working on tweaks
> > on the system according to user feedback. We welcome your comments
> > (and any spectral depositions you would like to submit).
> >
> > Also, has anyone used the structure deposition yet other than Dr
> > Bradley? ANy feedback is welcomed. Thanks
> > >

> --
> Jean-Claude Bradley, Ph. D.
> E-Learning Coordinator for the College of Arts and Sciences
> Associate Professor of Chemistry

Khalid Mirza

Feb 7, 2008, 10:51:36 AM2/7/08
to usefu...@googlegroups.com
Tim
I could train you...if there is any one else from our group who would like to join us (after 12th Feb), let me know...
Khalid
Khalid Mirza
Graduate Student
The Bradley Research Group