Open Notebook Science NMRs and JSpecView problems

Jean-Claude Bradley

Oct 18, 2007, 9:53:31 AM10/18/07
to usefu...@googlegroups.com
Both Peter Murray-Rust and Antony Williams from ChemSpider have expressed interest in predicting NMR spectra and comparing against open spectral information.   Here is a recent post with links to relevant info:

For the UsefulChem lab group, this is a reminder of why it is important to upload all of the spectra of our starting materials, which we routinely acquire.  That includes the C NMR if you take it.

Make sure to include a link back to the experiment where the spectrum was obtained, like this one:

The TAGS section of each experiment should have a link from the chemical name to the ChemSpider entry and both InChIs and InChIKeys for Google indexing.

Start from the most recent experiments and work backwards.

(One of the current problems with JCAMP files on UsefulChem - Khalid tried to update the JSpecView files on our server yesterday but was not able to get it to work - do the ChemSpider people have some advice since you just did it?)

--
Jean-Claude Bradley, Ph. D.
E-Learning Coordinator for the College of Arts and Sciences

http://drexel-coas-elearning.blogspot.com
http://drexel-coas-talks-mp3-podcast.blogspot.com/
http://usefulchem.blogspot.com

jcb

Oct 21, 2007, 10:29:02 AM10/21/07
to UsefulChem
It looks like all spectrum problems on UsefulChem have been solved -
thank Khalid, Robert and Tony!

On Oct 18, 9:53 am, "Jean-Claude Bradley"