USBPcap 1.2.0.4 released

Tomasz Moń

Aug 14, 2018, 4:15:53 AM8/14/18
to usb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

USBPcap 1.2.0.4 has been released today. USBPcap 1.2.0.4 is compatible
with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 - both 32 and 64-bit.

Changes since 1.2.0.3 release include USBPcapCMD fixes:
* Fixed full CPU core utilization during capture when using USBPcapCMD as extcap
* Extra sanity checks during enumeration in order to prevent freezing
Wireshark when used as extcap
* Reworked command line arguments handling so it works with Wireshark 2.9
* Fixed USBPcapCMD on Windows XP (it wasn't working at all)
* Fix synchronization problems on exit, now pressing 'q' in the
USBPcapCMD console window should exit pretty much immadietely
* Add version information
* Print note about -A in case of empty capture

Driver is the same as in USBPcap 1.2.0.3 release.

Installer is available at bintray and github:
https://bintray.com/desowin/USBPcap/download_file?file_path=USBPcapSetup-1.2.0.4.exe
https://github.com/desowin/usbpcap/releases/download/1.2.0.4/USBPcapSetup-1.2.0.4.exe

Regards,
Tomasz

mant...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2019, 6:50:44 PM1/30/19
to USBPcap
Thank you, excellent application since usb interface is not supported by W.

I run USBPcapCMD.exe, allowed every usb interface to be refreshed, making 3G usb dongle modem to disconnect, so one of the listed interfaces is my 3G modem.
I would like to study the from / to traffic for preinstalled servers in the past to get them removed if no more necessary.

But my special interest is in building interface to  let W. to record video packets streamed by my wifi cameras and it piped into VLC media player as a plugin.

I am interested to move between 3 wifi cameras, streaming live video and have VLC or another app to shift between video streams without having to make 100+ of clicks, basing on signal strength.

I can connect to my camera from Android tablet, using Guard app
but on Win XP  I was told to use rstp http interface to work with VLC as plugin player.
Unfortunately, my 2 TP-LINK TL-WN422G wifi usb dongles fail to work properly.

I suppose the installed driver for win xp is not ok, making wifi dongle to get down, when connected.
The only way to make wifi dongle up is to shut down PC, insert usb dongle and restart PC again to enter into discovery mode.

Let me know your opinion, since you are the best.

Join W. team

darius

a a

Feb 11, 2019, 3:03:41 PM2/11/19
to USBPcap
no reply ?

mant...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2019, 3:10:56 PM2/11/19
to USBPcap
thank you

can your USBPcap support 3G usb modem as an interface ?

I was told at Wireshark forum, that 3G usb modem is ppp serial device, so the wireless GSM transmission cannot be
saved for dissection.

Ok,  I can insert my sim card into wifi 3G router
to replace Internet transmission via usb interface by
wifi interface.

Let me know your opinion

darius