Why isn't USB Pcap capturing my video anymore?

jani

Jan 30, 2020, 3:25:40 PM1/30/20
to USBPcap
About a year ago I connected Rifle scopes to my computer's USB port.  Then, I invoked USBPcapCMD Application.   Pcap program captured the video from device.  Attached Wireshark capture filename:  year_ago shows the bulk video 512 byte packets.

I still have the same pcap application but last month I got a new computer.  Today, pcap program isn't capturing the video packets from my Rifle scope USB device.  Why?  My USB device is correctly shown as USB Composite Device, BAE STS Bulk, USB CDC serial port for BAE STS (COM10).  Please see attached filename:  invoke_pcap.PNG.  But the Wireshark capture filename today doesn't show the video packets.  Please see attached filename: today

USBPcapCMD file version is:  1.2.0.4

Rifle Scope device is sending the video because I can see live video in another windows program.  Why isn't usb packet capture program detecting video anymore?

invoke_pcap.PNG
today.pcap

jani

Jan 30, 2020, 6:00:09 PM1/30/20
to USBPcap
year_ago.PNG

Tomasz Moń

Feb 15, 2020, 3:57:10 AM2/15/20
to jani, USBPcap
As discussed in Github issue [1], the problem is the misunderstanding
on how USB works. USB device is unable to send anything without the
host asking for it. If you capture while the application is showing
video, then you should see the data (URBs), and according to the
comment in Github this is the case.

[1] https://github.com/desowin/usbpcap/issues/96