Capture from PCIe MBIM card

Jano Svitok

Mar 17, 2019, 6:35:18 PM3/17/19
to USBPcap

Hello,

I'm trying to capture MBIM traffic from Fibocom L850-GL but USBPcap "does not see it".

Windows 10, 1809, 64bit.

The card's root device is attached to PCIe bus, and has "System" class. Under it there is normal USB 3 root hub (USB3\ROOT_HUB30) with USB class.
USBPcap filter is listed as driver for this root hub, and its ID is added to registry during USBpcapcmd -I.
The driver is also attached properly to all USB composite devices.

Problem is that there is no \.\usbpcapN device for this root hub (there are two devices for chipset's root hubs).

I suppose the problem is that usbpcap driver is not attached to root hub's parent, so it can't see when the root hub is added.

I tried to change inf file so that the driver is attached also to System devices, which prevented the machine to boot... :-)

What can be done to enable the capture from this device?

If you need any additional information or do any tests, let me know.

Jano