Capturing

Louis Krüger

Oct 17, 2017, 10:44:29 AM10/17/17
to USBPcap
Hi,

  1. I ran USBPcapCMD.exe as described in the first part of the tour, as myself and as Administrator on my XP SP3 laptop.
  2. I select the USB-HID device (UPS) and enter the capture file's name.
  3. After that I allow the program to run with Administrator rights (either myself or Administrator, tried both).
The problem is that it does not seem to capture anything or create the capture file at all. Where must I look for the file?

Regards,

Louis.

Tomasz Moń

Jun 21, 2019, 2:35:17 AM6/21/19
to USBPcap
In the Working Directory. If you double clicked on USBPcapCMD.exe
that's the directory where USBPcapCMD.exe is located.
Does the USBPcap window close (this indicates some failure) or is it
left open (then atleast the pcap header should be written to disk)?