USBPcap to capture RF Air Interface data

Biggie Akekelwa

Feb 18, 2015, 7:45:27 PM2/18/15
to usb...@googlegroups.com
I hope this has not already been discussed. The USB dongle i'm using is connecting to an LTE network, so is there a way to capture packets on the Air interface of the USB? I'd want ot see control information similar to what in the link below:

I'd appreciate all the assistance you can offer. If USBPcap does not support this function perhaps someone can suggest a software that does so and compatible to wireshark

Tomasz Moń

Jun 21, 2019, 2:35:35 AM6/21/19
to USBPcap
USBPcap captures USB URBs. There is no such thing as "Air interface of
the USB". However, the raw URBs can be reassembled to contain the
payloads you are interested in.
For that to happen, Wireshark needs either to:
1. Already have appropriate USB dissector implemented, or
2. Have the dissector written by you, or
3. If the protocol is publicly available (determine that by looking at
the class in USB configuration descriptor - for Vendor defined, you're
most likely out of luck), you can capture the data and file bug report
in Wireshark (attaching the capture).