Unreliable communication using the ASCOM driver

han.k...@yahoo.co.uk

Jul 17, 2017, 5:14:00 AM7/17/17
to USB_Focus
I had some problems connecting reliable to the USB-COM port using the ASCOM driver. It is currently fixed in the advanced settings of WIN7. The send & receive buffer of the COM port was set from high to low. See screenshot. Any idea why this is happening?

The problem did not occur using the USB_OpticalTelescopeController v0.55.exe program.

Han

com_buffer.png

USB_Focus

Jul 18, 2017, 1:40:10 AM7/18/17
to usb_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Han,

thank you for your messages.

We never got issues with this windows buffer setting, as far as I remember.

I will check if we can force this parameter at device driver level.

Best regards / cordialement,

Vincent

"Do you know USB_Dewpoint product ? Remotely power heater, fans, lights,...  through USB and much much more. Check www.usb-foc.us"
--

---
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "USB_Focus".

han.k...@yahoo.co.uk

Jul 18, 2017, 8:34:10 AM7/18/17
to USB_Focus, vin...@usb-foc.us
Vincent,

Last night I had finally a long clear period to test it. ASCOM communication failed again in the beginning.  So I disabled the WIN7 setting  "Use FIFO buffers" completely. After that no more problems occurred. Hopefully it stays that way. :)

Han

han.k...@yahoo.co.uk

Jul 22, 2017, 6:15:37 AM7/22/17
to USB_Focus, vin...@usb-foc.us
Last night again communication problems. Control box is connected with only 50 cm cable to a hub. I have two USB-hubs between PC and the control box since USB 3.0 does not allow more then 3 meter long cables. Could a few ms delay in the hub communication be the cause of the problem? An alternative connection using USB 2,0 also failed. This morning it worked again, Reason ? Anyhow second problem is that the motor is not rotating anymore on USB power any poorly on 8 volt supply. :( Will contact the dealer.

Han
Message has been deleted

han.k...@yahoo.co.uk

Sep 8, 2017, 6:54:38 AM9/8/17
to USB_Focus
New control box communicates reliable with active USB cable. No more communication problems.